VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there... I know this info is probably around this site, but the site is so huge and honestly aimed for a pro-level above me.

What I am looking for is a simple application that has a GUI that will allow me to copy a mp4 video to a new mp4 video but let me select a external audio file to replace the existing audio.

Basically I like to record game footage (yes another one!). The app I use saved as a mp4 as well as wav files one for game sounds and one for mic input. I then edit that in audacity to mix the two into a single file. Now I want to add that file to the recorded mp4 with out rencoding. (at least on the video, I do not mind if it encodes a wav, or if it inserts a mp3 or w/e.)

Anyway, If you know of a application that uses a GUI that can do this I would be very happy. Thanks you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think MP4Box with one of its GUIs can do what you want. I don't know for sure if you have to demux your MP4 first, before adding the video together with the new audio, but I don't think so.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I think MP4Box with one of its GUIs can do what you want. I don't know for sure if you have to demux your MP4 first, before adding the video together with the new audio, but I don't think so.
    I tried installing that but mp4box link but it installed some app called "Osmo4" that appears to be some kind of player only?
    Quote Quote  
  4. No idea. I thought everyone these days did custom installs to keep from getting crap they don't want. Uninstall it?

Edit: It seems harmless enough. I don't know if it's required for MP4Box to work properly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use mymp4boxgui...but it's a bit buggy. Or yamb but I think the interface is a bit confusing and also buggy.

I would like a mp4box gui like mkvmergegui.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ffqueue should do it.,
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AviDemux. I do this on a weekly basis(but with MPEG2/DVD files).
    Quote Quote