VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello there
    I hope somebody can help me. I need a hack code and instructions to make my Alba 2070BUK DVD player region free. I'm from the UK and it will only play region 1 PAL. I've seen the same DVD player on eBay unlocked so pretty sure it's possible and there's a code out there. Hope someone can help. Many thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dasmemster View Post
    Hello there
    I hope somebody can help me. I need a hack code and instructions to make my Alba 2070BUK DVD player region free. I'm from the UK and it will only play region 1 PAL. I've seen the same DVD player on eBay unlocked so pretty sure it's possible and there's a code out there. Hope someone can help. Many thanx
    Region 1 is USA, and USA is NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yup but what's the hack code to make my DVD player multi region/region free??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dasmemster View Post
    Yup but what's the hack code to make my DVD player multi region/region free??
    If it's not listed here or you cannot find it via a Google search, there may not be a hack for it. Hacks are rare nowadays, even for DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also note just because you see a player listed for sale on a place like eBay as region free doesn't mean it has an easy remote hack. I see players like Sony and Panasonic listed for sale on region free sites but I've never seen a easy hack for them if you just purchase the same model off the street.
    I'm not sure if they're using a hardware hack or something is special to allow them to be hacked, or it's possible the sellers need a special service type remote to access things like making it region free.
    Never heard of the Alba brand, but I did think of Jessica....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ah I see. Ah never mind. Not sure where I could get a new multi region DVD player. I have a feeling currys probably won't sell them
    Quote Quote