VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've used WinDV for many years along with my canopus advc. It was working great until yesterday. The window opens and shows only a blank screen. Video Source says AV/C Tape Recorder Player. I uninstalled, reinstalled WinDV, powered off and restarted the canopus and nothing. Canopus is connected to my dvd/vcr player via red/yellow/white jacks. Device Manager on the PC says it's working properly. I restored the PC back a few days to a time when WinDV was capturing and got the same blank screen. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could try an alternative capture program to help check whether there is is a hardware problem. Scenalyzer is now free....it works well here with my Canopus card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Pippas....I tried and got a blank screen. Also tried windows live movie maker and got a blank screen. I've only used WinDV so perhaps I'm not setting these up correctly. My 2nd Canopus is 5 years old so perhaps I should invest in a new one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a new Canopus and WinDV still shows a blank screen. I reconnected my old Canopus and when it connected to the pc a pop up asked if I want to import video. I said yes and the video importer started streaming to my pc. It works but I don't know how to get it started without disconnecting the canopus. That's a different issue.

My main problem now that I know the fault isn't with the canopus or my cables is why doesn't WinDV work anymore? I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. It's always worked like a charm. This is very disconcerting. Can someone offer a solution?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does the Scenalyzer program I suggested in post#2 work, or is it just WinDV that has stopped functioning?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does the ADVC have a top toggle silver switch to change from digital to analog ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to capture using import video but I really like WinDV so I kept working at it. The Canopus is not in an easily accessible location but I managed to check it and both blue lights were on. When I selected analog only, the WinDV screen came alive. It always worked in the past so I don't know how the settings got changed. Bottom line, it's all working like a charm. Since WinDV is my first choice, I didn't get to try out the scenalizer again, but I will if WinDV every fails me again. Thank you both so much for responding. I love this site....always so helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Does the ADVC have a top toggle silver switch to change from digital to analog ?
    Way to go, DB83! I also owe you a debt of gratitude for exactly the same thing. Several months ago, I disconnected my ADVC-300 for a while to use a USB capture device, and when I hooked it up again I also got no picture. It was reading your advice in an earlier thread and then checked the manual and then changed the dipswitch (no idea how it got set wrong) and then I was finally able to get the Canopus box going again with WinDV.
    Quote Quote