VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi;
    This is my first post here.
    I'm looking for information and/or programmers for a job that requires the following:
    I need a DVR with multiple video sources to create a SINGLE H264 file with up to 8 video sources.
    I then need to be able to produce/use some sort of a viewer that will allow me to view the video sources from the single file and switch sources on the fly.

I appreciate any help/resources you would provide me with.
    Thanks,
    AK
    Quote Quote  
  2. Welcome to the forums.

You're going to have to provide more information. For starters, what is this, a security system? A TV show? A webcast? A lobby installation?
    Quote Quote  
  3. smrpix - Its a new idea which I'm trying to develop myself. It has to do with security, but not exactly. I don't want to get into the exact application since as far as I know it hasn't been done yet. But generally the idea is this: A DVR would record up to 8 video sources into one H264 file. Then that file would be used to A- view and select different video sources on the fly, and B (which I did not mention in my original post) - create a new video file which is the result of the user's selection of the different video sources. So for example if the user selected certain cameras during his 'preview', a new file would be saved to the hard drive which would be a one stream video with the combinations the user did so he can basically watch his selection again.
    I have seen a security system by Avertex which does the first part - creating a single H264, but its their own propitiatory format so I can't really use that.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    AK
    Quote Quote  
  4. I was a bit thrown off by your specificity about using a DVR and a single multiplexed stream of 8 videos. What you're describing appears to be run of the mill multicamera production.

www.Newtek.com/products/tricaster-8000.html
    Quote Quote