VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Slysoft has been asked for some type of Cinavia removal for years now, and they've finally come out with something. You'll need both AnyDVD HD and CloneBD to remove the watermark, and you'll lose the HD quality. The process requires converting to AC3 audio with CloneBD.

There are some samples at MyCE, which you can hear in this article: http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-removes-cinavia-signal-from-blu-ray-movies-with-anydv...ination-75695/

I've listened to them several times, and its just not a great solution. The sound has a weird, warbling, echoing effect. This is most evident in the second sample, with the sound from the helicopter.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 10th Apr 2015 at 15:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It seems that Cinavia is unbreakable...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wonder how long this program will last once hollywood get's wind of this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Kerry56
    What is your opinion of the resulting sound quality.
    Comparison to Cin EX
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Gonca
    I'd like to make a longer sample than what we've heard at MyCE. I don't own CloneBD, but I assume it will work even in trial mode for this. Right now my opinion is that it is not as good, but I would like to hear more examples.

The audio from the last version of CinEx was fine, not distinguishable from 192kbps bitrate AC3 from a DVD in my opinion, and that may be the origin of those "database" files. No one has ever proved that one way or the other.

Unfortunately, I deleted all my CinEx files a long time ago. I can recreate them, as I still have access to the database files I believe.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Kerry56
    I own CloneBD and AnyDVDHD. Suggest some titles that might be good for testing, and if possible the time frames, and if I have those titles I can run the tests and post them here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I don't have that many movies with Cinavia. I'm going to try The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (US version). Looking at the dialog, then the motorcycle chase scene at 2:07 or so. I want to see if the sound of the motorcycle distorts like the helicopter in The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt. 1.

I do have Mockingjay Pt. 1, so I might try another section with it. Perhaps the storming of the dam at 1:10:30.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    I'll go through my movies and try to pick some as well
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I used CloneBD to make an MKV file from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (US). Tried to cut out a section with AviDemux but couldn't find any I frames, and it crashed the program cutting on P or B frames. Cut out a section with VideoReDo TV Suite. Videoredo balked at the DTS HD audio however, and had to use AviDemux on the original.

I tried the motorcycle scene, but the background music is too weird to make judgements.

These audio clips are from the scenes where Daniel Craig is shot, and is running. The sound of the 2nd gunshot is odd in the version with Cinavia removed, and overall the sound is off. First clip is the original:

Original audio GWTDT.mka

Cinavia removed clip from GWTDT_Track01.ac3

The dialog at the end isn't too bad, but seems a little hollow?
    Last edited by Kerry56; 9th Apr 2015 at 23:39.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Being relatively new to BD ripping, can I ask what may seem an obvious question. Just to see what the Cinavia stuff was all about I recently ripped The Social Network - obviously the Cinavia remains intact.

But if Cinavia is unbreakable and so good why isn't it used on more BD's, is it a matter of licensing costs or such like?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by NuŠleus View Post
    Being relatively new to BD ripping, can I ask what may seem an obvious question. Just to see what the Cinavia stuff was all about I recently ripped The Social Network - obviously the Cinavia remains intact.

But if Cinavia is unbreakable and so good why isn't it used on more BD's, is it a matter of licensing costs or such like?
    Only one company, Sony Pictures Entertainment, uses Cinavia on many of their movies. A few of the other studios have used it on select movies, but as you have noted it isn't common. We assume it is licensing costs that keeps it from being more widespread, but I don't believe there is a definitive answer for your question. The other studios may have come to the conclusion that it is too easy to bypass using other equipment, rather than Blu-ray players or licensed software players on PC's.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Slysoft has stated that the current version of Cinavia removal in AnyDVD HD that is available from MyCE is just a beta, and a full release is yet to come. Improvements will be coming according to statements at the Slysoft forum.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    These will be the last examples from me with the first release of AnyDVD HD with Cinavia removal. Should give some context as they improve the program. The two clips are from the same movie, but only dialog and a bit of background music this time.

GWTDT original dialog audio stream.mka

GWTDT Cinavia removed dialog audio stream.ac3
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    wonder how long this program will last once hollywood get's wind of this.
    Probably as long as it lasted after it first handled AACS, BD+, etc. I think it'll be fine.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search PM
    couple of samples
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. If you zoom into the waveform with something like Audacity you can see what they're doing. They're adding phase distortion. If you align the before and after samples at one point in time you'll see that one falls behind for a while then catches up again. You can see that they've removed some short sections and duplicated others. And in other places sped or slowed (and resampled) the audio. This is essentially the same thing that Cienoway did in another thread here. Looking at a spectrum view there's some extra high frequency bands in the after sample. They probably took a high frequency bandpass, doubled the rate and reduced the amplitude, then added it back into the signal.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Apr 2015 at 17:23.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Wow, the music in gonca's second sample sounds terrible when its processed.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Wow, the music in gonca's second sample sounds terrible when its processed.
    The entire band was drunk!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search PM
    It needs a little more work.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search PM
    Updated AnyDVD HD and CloneBD

Used same original sound files. New results.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Updated AnyDVD HD and CloneBD

Used same original sound files. New results.
    New version. Same crap.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Cinavia its simple invisible flag that if its detected
    its stop playing file in devices like Blu-ray player or PS4?
    So I can play files with Cinavia in media center PC no problem?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Cinavia its simple invisible flag that if its detected
    its stop playing file in devices like Blu-ray player or PS4?
    So I can play files with Cinavia in media center PC no problem?
    Depends on what you play the files with. Arcsoft TMT 6 would detect Cinavia in all types of media files, discs or mounted ISO's. Arcsoft could integrate into Windows Media Center fairly well, and was popular while it was available. What are you using for playback? Most anything else should be ok, except other commercial players with burned discs.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, here's my attempt with AnyDVD HD 7.5.9.3 and CloneBD 1.0.4.0.

Same movie, different scene, selected for the rhythmic music which distorts in the version with Cinavia removed.
    Video and audio for the converted scene, but audio only for the original. The original video is just too big to upload with my snail's pace connection.

New versions 2nd test clips.7z
    Quote Quote  
  25. Using Kodi

It's not worth it all the trouble
    don't need change original sound
    just get device or PC without Cinavia scan
    Quote Quote  
  26. Guys - perhaps someone can try this way to remove Cineavia (have PS3 but to lazy for testing):

Steps:
    1 Resample all audio tracks to 44.1kHz
    2 Use sharp lowpass filter above 7kHz (maybe 8KHz or higher - not sure where Cinavia watermark starts)
    3 Use ffdshow (or similar software) filter 'Crystality' (this is spectral band replication filter that try to create artificial high frequency content based on information from lower band) - this step may be repeat many times as you like
    4 Resample audio back to native if necessary.
    Last edited by pandy; 13th Apr 2015 at 06:50.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone backed up a Ciniva movie with success? What do you think of it? In time it will improve but, is it acceptable now-would you buy it? These bits and pieces of sound don't move me one way or the other.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    Has anyone backed up a Ciniva movie with success? What do you think of it? In time it will improve but, is it acceptable now-would you buy it? These bits and pieces of sound don't move me one way or the other.
    Plenty of people have used the AnyDVD HD and CloneBD combination to back up movies with Cinavia. It works. But the sound quality is just not there yet, and with this approach, it may never be comparable to the original audio stream.

Like most everyone else, I recommend using equipment that doesn't obey the Cinavia audio shutdown. There is plenty to choose from, including older Blu-ray players made prior to 2012, streaming media players and HTPC's.
    Quote Quote  
  29. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Eltina View Post
    Does Any DVD remove Cinavia?
    Nope. Only sorcery can remove Cinavia.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Eltina View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Slysoft has been asked for some type of Cinavia removal for years now, and they've finally come out with something. You'll need both AnyDVD HD and CloneBD to remove the watermark, and you'll lose the HD quality. The process requires converting to AC3 audio with CloneBD.

There are some samples at MyCE, which you can hear in this article: http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-removes-cinavia-signal-from-blu-ray-movies-with-anydv...ination-75695/

I've listened to them several times, and its just not a great solution. The sound has a weird, warbling, echoing effect. This is most evident in the second sample, with the sound from the helicopter.
    Does Any DVD remove Cinavia?
    AnyDVD HD by itself does not remove Cinavia. Their solution is to use AnyDVD HD in combination with CloneBD, converting the audio to AC3 in the process. Its still not great sound.

DVDFab has introduced a new product to "remove" Cinavia, but you'll need the new Cinavia removal tool plus their Blu-ray copy section of DVDFab or the misnamed Ripper section. DVDFab likes to hit their customers with multiple charges for different modules of the software, though there is a way to buy the entire thing for an enormous price if you wish. The DVDFab removal tool substitutes the audio, and there is no way to know if it comes from other sources, or is one that they have processed themselves from the same Blu-ray movie. So far it doesn't work with DVD's that contain Cinavia, but those are few and far between.
    Quote Quote