VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

Over the last few days, I've collected some 3D DCP's. for those of you who don't know the specs of these kind of files, here they are:

Video
    ID : 2
    Formaat : JPEG 2000
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame
    Duur : 2mn 16s
    Bitrate : 156 Mbps
    Breedte : 1 998 pixels
    Hoogte : 1 080 pixels
    Beeldverhouding : 1,85:1
    Framerate : 48,000 fps
    Originele framerate : 24,000 fps
    ColorSpace : RGB
    ChromaSubsampling : 4:4:4
    BitDepth/String : 12 bits
    Scansoort : Progressief
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.510
    Stroomgrootte : 1,24 GiB (50%)
    Titel : Picture Track
    as you can see, the video has 48FPS and each eye gets 24FPS, so this is frame interleaved 3D (I think that's how it's called). Does anyone know a way to convert this to 1080p bluray/MVC 3D with same specs as an average 3D bluray?

I now that the best way to get from JPEG2000 to a playable video format is to encode it to ProRes, but what do I have to do after that?

Thanx!
    Arthurm
    (SFMBE )
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm... maybe I should ask this question diffently.

How can I get Frame sequential 3D to 2 different video stream? and after that, how can I encode it to MVC? thanx!
    Last edited by arthurm; 5th Apr 2015 at 14:59.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would use ffmpeg & AVISynth & FRIM to:
    Demux the MXF wrapper to raw picture sequence
    Separate the odd & even pix and re-label when done (001-L.j2k, 001-R.j2k, 002-L.j2k, 002-R.j2k, etc), possibly putting temporarily into separate folders. I'd use a batch renamer, or similar filemanager tool for this part.
    Decode+frameserve to Frim encoder (do NOT use intermediate ProRes).

Then use a BD3D authoring app (tsmuxer, Cyberlink PD/PP, Sony Vegas Pro, Jive3D, DoStudio, BluPrint, Scenarist).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, thanx for the answer!

Do you think you can give me some tips for creating the lines (or maybe even the lines itself)? I know how to use ffmpeg (but not how to write lines), but don't know anything about FRIM, only what is does. So I have to use RAW footage for FRIM. Does that mean that I can select resolution, bitrate etc. and can I encode a 1:2,40 video to 16:9 in FRIM?

Arthurm
    Last edited by arthurm; 7th Apr 2015 at 18:21.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay,

so I managed to get all the frames to TIF format using this line in FFmpeg:
    ffmpeg -r 48 -i INPUT.mxf OUTPUT\image%06d.tif
    Now I have 6559 files with the name image000001, image00000, image000003 etc etc...

I have downloaded and installed Bulk Rename Utility and I'm trying to get 001-L.tif, 001-R.tif, 002-L.tif, 002-R.tif etc.
    Does anyone know how to do this?

After solving this problem I'm probably going to need some help with the FRIM encoder.

I'm sorry that this thread/question is such a "big" one, and not just one part of the process, but I think it is also usefull for other people to make 3D DCP's playable.

BTW: The Even numbers are for the left eye and the odd numbers for the right eye.

Arthurm
    Last edited by arthurm; 7th Apr 2015 at 18:49. Reason: BTW added
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay. I Finally got all the images in seperate folders, one for the left eye and one for the right. The problem is that all the images are TIFF format, with RGB colorspace. For FRIM I need a YUV file for both eyes to get a MVC stream. I tried this line:
    ffmpeg -i INPUT\image%06d.tif -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 24.000 -y output.yuv
    But that doesn't seem so be working at all. I don't get an error or something, but it doesn't process anything. I read all the guides regarding FRIM, and I don't think that will be a problem after I have my YUV files.

Does anyone know how to get from a (RGB) TIFF image sequence to a 24FPS YUV file?

Arthurm
    Quote Quote