VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello and sorry if posting in wrong category. I would like to find the best settings to encode anime movies. Im using Megui for that purpose, because im adding hardsubs too. 720p is most common for sure, so i would like to get the best quality of it through that program.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would convert to 1080p with highest possible bitrate....

Give us more information if you want better help. Like what is your source? Vcd, dvd, bluray. Max file size?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Also: How much manual tweaking of unusual AviSynth filters (maybe even some not yet shipped with MeGUI, but enhancing the cartoonish character of the content) would be acceptable? And which video formats would be acceptable for the result?

In brief, there is no "best" without specific restrictions, the possibilities are too versatile.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    In brief, there is no "best" without specific restrictions, the possibilities are too versatile.
    No kidding. And if the question even has to be asked, then how about a short untouched sample from the source so no one has to guess what you have. Saying it's anime is not very helpful.
    720p is most common for sure...
    Says who?
    Quote Quote