VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I BOUGHT a film on VHX.tv without realising that downloading on that film was not enabled I would not be able to watch it on my TV at home without Chromecast or Apple TV - neither of which I have.
    I use a Mac, can anyone please help me figure out how to capture a stream from that website so I can watch it on my big TV?
    The movie is for my grandparents and they will not like watching it on my laptop.
    Jaksta isn't even recognising there's a movie playing.

Clearly, there is some kind of flash stream at work.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by herbgr; 1st Apr 2015 at 22:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Connect your mac directly to your tv.

Because you wont find any easy solution. They have probably a very good protection and changing it often. And we can't test it without buying the movie....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Connect your mac directly to your tv.

Because you wont find any easy solution. They have probably a very good protection and changing it often. And we can't test it without buying the movie....
    Thank you for the reply.

Actually, you CAN test it by just going to the home page and clicking on the sample video which explains their product.
    It uses the exact same interface that it uses to stream all of its movies.

I would just physically attach the Mac to the TV but I don't have the cable to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It seems they're using token-based HLS, in which case you lucked out. Make sure Flash is uninstalled. On the video page, right-click the video frame and select "copy link." (I just tried this with Safari on Yosemite.) Install ffmpeg on your Mac with Homebrew (many guides are out there), and use something like this in Terminal:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "vhs.tv link" -c copy video.ts
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by rubbish View Post
    It seems they're using token-based HLS, in which case you lucked out. Make sure Flash is uninstalled. On the video page, right-click the video frame and select "copy link." (I just tried this with Safari on Yosemite.) Install ffmpeg on your Mac with Homebrew (many guides are out there), and use something like this in Terminal:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "vhs.tv link" -c copy video.ts
    Quote Quote