VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just got a VHS camcorder (Panasonic Omnimovie HQ) and wanna get started making some films. I have a capture device by the name of EasyCap but it fails to maintain frame rate and gives many errors. Is a capture card the better way to go? Someone mentioned on the forum that s-video was good too, but how do I know I have this?
    Last edited by Baldrick; 31st Mar 2015 at 10:11. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your computer may be underpowered. The EasyCap may be a dud. But more than likely there's something electronically or mechanically wrong with that 26 year old camera. Do you get clean playback in the viewfinder? What if you plug it directly into a tv?
    Quote Quote  
  3. yup. Camera works great, love it. Just can't find a reliable way to rip it onto computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Computer specs?
    Quote Quote  
  5. laptop. kinda slow but functions and plays mkv hq videos 720 at full speed... 4gb ram i think. isa cap card neccesary
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by anbu_zim View Post
    isa cap card neccesary
    Easycap is a cap card. But you're being extremely parsimonious with information so it's hard to give any useful advice.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm really just looking to know what the best capture card is for my crappy laptop. Would a TBC help
    Quote Quote  
  8. You'd be better off throwing out the VHS camcorder and buying a cheap digital camcorder. It will be easier to deal with and deliver better quality.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by anbu_zim View Post
    I'm really just looking to know what the best capture card is for my crappy laptop.
    I'm not familiar with that brand. Do you have a link?
    Quote Quote  
  10. You guys are all fucking idiots. Delete my account.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by anbu_zim View Post
    yup. Camera works great, love it. Just can't find a reliable way to rip it onto computer.
    Mmm, here we go again . Are you sure you want to "rip" your camera? But people like to use "rip" to mean and everything. When was the last time you ripped yourself a cup of coffee? LOL!

https://www.videohelp.com/glossary?R#Rip

Talk about idiots. I'll go with Einstein on this one: "The major difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

OK, end of rant. Proceed.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 31st Mar 2015 at 12:40.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by anbu_zim View Post
    You guys are all fucking idiots. Delete my account.
    Wow, I wonder if this is a record!
    Not understanding of the basics of video yet disrespectful of those who do, Not paying attention to responses (either this time or in previous/first post on SAME subject), Impatient & knee-jerk reactive (and no sense of humor)...

Scott
    Quote Quote