VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have been recording H.S. volleyball and soccer for my kids for a couple of years now. I am looking for a piece of hardware that I believe should exist but I can't find it anywhere. In the case of volleyball, I set the camera on the tripod and leave it for the entire set. I am looking for something like a roll cage that would attach to the tripod and then the camera would attach to it. The idea is, if the ball hits the camera or knocks over the tripod, there is no damage to the camera. I imagine something cheap made out of old metal hangers could probably work but would like to look a little less redneck.

I have tried all sorts of internet searches (including searching this forum) but haven't come up with anything. Does anyone here know if such a thing exists, and if it does, what it is called. Strangely a tripod cage is a rolling case for a tripod. (Not what I meant at all...).

The ultimate version of this "roll cage" would include a solid oversized top so that I could record a soccer game in a light rain without any troubles.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris S.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can make one easily and cheaply using 1/2 inch PVC pipe with 90 degree elbows and 4-way T's. When your finished with the design, glue it up and paint it flat black.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You could also just move it further up & back to decrease the likelihood of it being bothered. Just increase your lens length accordingly.

Scott
    Quote Quote