VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have Sony Vegas Pro 13 x64, and I am trying to render a video.

When I render normally, with Sony AVC codec or MainConcept AVC, the output colors are just the same as input video.

But I want to x264wfv plugin to render the video into x264 (lossless or maybe CRF), I like x264wfv more, because I can focuse on quality than bitrate. Sony AVC and MainConcept AVC are actually headache in terms of outputing maximum quality with not huge size.

So, well, I rendered the video with x264vfw, here is the image of rendering settings:

and here is the ouput:

As you can see, the output video colors are almost identical, but only red colors are lighter than original video. I don't understand, what's wrong with x264wfv? Why it does not just make everything the same? why it changed red colors?

Well, I just want totaly same output in terms of color. Is there any other x264 encoder for Sony Vegas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Most YUV codecs will limit the luminance and chrominance ranges to the limits based on TV broadcast standards (ITU-R BT.601/709). You may need to either be able to activate a "full range" encoding to avoid that (AVCHD cameras may call that "x.v.Colour"), or avoid rendering colors beyond these limits.

By the way, x264 is like a trademark. If you are looking for another encoder, it won't be x264 anymore. The standard is called H.264 or MPEG-4 AVC. But a different H.264 encoder won't solve your problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I have fixed this problem.

After soooooooo much Googling and testing and Googling and testing and testing, here is what I did finally:

At first, I'll say that this is the information of the source file:

Downloaded from: Youtube
    Resolution: 3200x1800 (almost 4K)
    Framerate: 30fps
    Bit depth: 8 bits
    Color space: YUV
    Duration: 3 hours and 41 minutes
    Size: 19 GB

And, well, the Project Properties in Sony Vegas:

Pixel format: 32-bit floating point (video levels)

--> NOTE: the colors in Sony Vegas Preview window was absolutely the same as source colors. I mean, there was no problem about studio RGB vs Computer RGB.

And, this is what I did:

I just typed this text in the command line tool in x264wfv window:

--range pc --colormatrix bt709

That's it. It just rendered fine. Absolutely the same color output as source.
    Quote Quote