VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, thought I'd finally make an account rather than just reading on here.

DVDfab Decrypter doesn't do all the discs I need it to anymore (even though I'm not in the US), so I need to splash some cash and come up with an alternative. Trouble is, there are that many options I don't know which to go for (although I'm leaning towards AnyDVD HD). I'd be grateful for any suggestions! I only need a decrypting, Handbrake is perfect for encoding.

3 so far...

MakeMKV - cheapest by far, but being a relatively small and new product, I worry that forking out some cash for it might leave me stuck in the future if the development stops.

AnyDVD HD - Slysoft have been around forever, and it does both BR and DVD, but it's not cheap.

DVDfab DVDCopy and Bluray Copy - You have to buy these separately making it twice the cost of Slysoft, so I really think this is a loser.

What are the views on here, or are there any software choices I'm missing?

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Makemkv is free while in beta and has been that for a long time now. See http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

So I would use it for now. If you get problems would my choice be anydvdhd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I've been using MakeMKV but have exceed the trial time for the BR element (DVD is timeless while in beta, the BR is shareware). Cheers for the Slysoft vote Baldrick .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    MakeMKV is free while in beta. All you have to do is put in a new beta key each month or so, or update to the newest versions as they are released. The new beta keys can be found here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
    Quote Quote