VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have a MPG file that has two audio tracks (track 1 is the song and track 2 is the music), i want to convert that MPG file to MKV format but with only two audio channels, left channel is from track 2 and right channel is from track 1. Any video converter software out there that allows me to combine that two audio tracks into one track that has two channels ? thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure you must use an audio editor if you want to join each audio track as left and right channels. Extract the audio with for example AoA Audio Extractor Basic . Import the audio in audacity and copy each track in a new audio file as left and right channels. Save as mp3,mpa/mp2, wav. Last add the mpg and new audio in mkvmergegui and make a mkv.

Or maybe it's possible directly with ffmpeg (command line utility) but I have no idea how that command would look like.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 22nd Mar 2015 at 02:39.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks

wow! that sounds complicated, any video converter software that can do the above merging with some clicks? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can it merge two audio tracks to left and right channels in one step?
    Quote Quote  
  5. any video converter cannot do that, i have tried it, i am searching for other video converter software that can do that .
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. I have not seen any software with that feature.
    Quote Quote