VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi! I need some help, I have an .mkv video which has three audio streams embedded and two subtitles. Unfortunately the audio I want is not the standard one and neither of the subtitles are the right language.

So here is my question, how can I change the standard audio stream, so it always plays English one instead of Spanish and how can I make it standard to not use any of the embedded subtitles (I'll use subtitles from an .srt file)?

It's a gift for my technology impaired father, hence the necessity to make it work the correct way, straight away
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use mkvmergegui (included in mkvtoolnix). Open the mkv. Click on the audio track and set it to the default track and the other no. Make a new mkv. Test play it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you! I'm gonna try it right away
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you can use mkvpropedit also and you can fix without having to make a new mkv. But it's a command line utility. No gui.

Another option would be to remove additional audio and subtitle tracks and make a new mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks worked exactly like I wanted!

But now another question, the subtitles I found aren't sync correctly, is there a way to sync and embedd them into the mkv? Can I do it in the same program?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use subtitle edit to sync your srt file against the video. Then mux it back to the mkv with mkvmergegui.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 19th Mar 2015 at 11:58.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks a lot for the very quick help, all done, and in time
    Quote Quote