VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi friends

First sorry that I'm bringing this where maybe it is explained in several places though I read most of them but I'm not good in commands or actually I don't know how to combine and use commands at all.

I saw some of the threads mentioning the logo and I copied and paste the commands and the logo works perfect all the video timing and now I want to add touch which is making the logo appears 3 times (beginning , Mid , end) with fading in and out so if I'm adding the logo for 45 second i will to have the fading in 7.5 and the fading out 7.5 seconds where the logo stays 30 seconds full appearing.

I use xvid4psp and I open the avs that I have (as I said i don't know anything how it work all what happen I took it from people and I'm changing files names) which is:

PHP Code:
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\[url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Avisynth]AviSynth[/url]\functions\AudioFunctions.avs")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\VideoFunctions.avs")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\[url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VSFilter-DirectVobSub]VSFilter[/url].dll")

DirectShowSource("D:\b\EP142.mkv"fps=23.976convertfps=true)

ConvertToYV12()

###[FILTERING]###
    ###[FILTERING]###

[url=http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VobSub]TextSub[/url]("D:\b\EP142.srt")

a2=ImageReader("D:\b\logo.png")
    a3=ImageReader("D:\b\logo.png",pixel_type="RGB32").ShowAlpha(pixel_type="RGB32")
    Overlay(a2,mask=a3,x=5,y=5
    to be exact I want this logo appears 30 second or total 45 second with the fading time in the following timing

2:30 minute which is 3585 frame
    10:30 minute which is 15096 frame
    20:00 minute which is 28765 frame

for more info this is a 23:37 timing with 33976 frame animation series episodes

so please help me champions with a command to be added

if there is changing please specify in details

many thanks in advanced
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    May I ask why you need to put a logo on the video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    May I ask why you need to put a logo on the video?

I translate subtitles and adding them to the episodes and I want to keep some copy rights for myself and blog

in hard sub shape
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ghazalo View Post
    I translate subtitles and adding them to the episodes and I want to keep some copy rights for myself and blog
    I see you violate the copyright of others while at the same time assert it for yourself?

And I suppose you do not think that is having a double standard?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I see you violate the copyright of others while at the same time assert it for yourself?

And I suppose you do not think that is having a double standard?

I'm not a Japanese animation producer, I just add copyrights as a subtitler
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    No, you take copyrighted material and hard code your subtitles and then copyright it.

Note that I have no problem with fanart or people putting vids on YouTube without commercial intentions. The copyright holder can request removal, leave it or monetize it. No problem whatsoever!

If you subtitle some vid great! Put a discrete message at the end you translated it for the love of the video.

But what bothers me is when people illegally leach on other people's work for commercial purposes.

What are you going to do? Sue someone if they copy the video with "your" copyrighted subtitles?
    Last edited by newpball; 15th Mar 2015 at 12:44.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you created the video, you have no right to put your logo on it. If you had any real talent at all you wouldn't have to ask this question.

Keep reading, you might figure it out on your own......
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, you take copyrighted material and hard code your subtitles and then copyright it.

I have no problem with fanart or people putting vids on YouTube without commercial intentions. The copyright holder can request removal, leave it or monetize it. No problem whatsoever!

But what bothers me is when people illegally leach on other people's work for commercial purposes.

any way do you know how to do what I am requesting or just you came here for the Lecture

by the way welcome to subscene.com where you wont see a copyrights
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Unless you created the video, you have no right to put your logo on it. If you had any real talent at all you wouldn't have to ask this question.

I am interpreter and have my blog though all animation sites adding their logo to the episodes and non of them the makers

all is japan production added raw in sites we pay to get those raw episodes so others can watch and understand it for free.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search PM

I am interpreter and have my blog though all animation sites adding their logo to the episodes and non of them the makers

all is japan production added raw in sites we pay to get those raw episodes so others can watch and understand it for free.
    Good thing!
    So the problem to put your name as a translator only at the end of the video is?

Can you imagine going to the movies in a non English speaking country, say a new James Bond movie and a few times in the movie a logo of the text translator comes up, would you be enchanted? And why stop there? Let's randomly place logos of the make up artists, script writers, stand-ins and composers as well. Would you think that makes any sense?

Seems to me we have a case of:

Click image for larger version

Name:	no-logos.png
Views:	454
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	30750

I hope you change your ways with respect to logos and become an advocate against them!

Last edited by newpball; 15th Mar 2015 at 13:18.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I put my channel logo half-transparent in the corner of all my YouTube videos. Why do I do that? Because it helps people identify with my channel, and believe it or not: it works!

As long as the logo is not irritating and annoying (basically more like a simple and plain watermark, similar to the logos TV stations use) I don't see how a logo is a pollution. It also helps me to prevent other people from downloading and re-uploading my videos on their own channel, because it seems nobody wants to upload videos which are clearly stolen (and it has happened to me before I started adding my logo to all new videos).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Good thing!
    So the problem to put your name as a translator only at the end of the video is?

Can you imagine going to the movies in a non English speaking country, say a new James Bond movie and a few times in the movie a logo of the text translator comes up, would you be enchanted? And why stop there? Let's randomly place logos of the make up artists, script writers, stand-ins and composers as well. Would you think that makes any sense?

Seems to me we have a case of:

[Attachment 30750 - Click to enlarge]

I hope you change your ways with respect to logos and become an advocate against them!

my friend all cartoon tv channels and animation sites do what I'm doing

it just because I'm not a huge corporation you and others criticize me but those paying channels u r glad to join though they do the same of me

im posting all for free and giving the subtitle file for whom needing to do their own productions
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    I put my channel logo half-transparent in the corner of all my YouTube videos. Why do I do that? Because it helps people identify with my channel, and believe it or not: it works!

As long as the logo is not irritating and annoying (basically more like a simple and plain watermark, similar to the logos TV stations use) I don't see how a logo is a pollution. It also helps me to prevent other people from downloading and re-uploading my videos on their own channel, because it seems nobody wants to upload videos which are clearly stolen (and it has happened to me before I started adding my logo to all new videos).
    I respect that
    as long as you purchase the raw material and did your adjustment so why don't you be as any tv channel the point is the tv channels is big corporation nobody can sue that's why the individual like me and you been chased to keep those channels collecting money mainly from ppl like our friends here whom pissed why I'm doing that where they pay chunk of money for cables
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search PM
    The argument that someone else does it does not make it right.

But there is a difference, they obtained a right to distribute a program and will presumably negotiated the right to deface the video. It is unfortunate and irritating. I certainly hope rights holders will prevent distributors from doing it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    I
    I beg to differ, I think putting a logo on a video always pollutes a video.

Of course if they are really your videos it is entirely your prerogative what you want to do, including defacing it!

Could you give me a link to your channel?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The argument that someone else does it does not make it right.

But there is a difference, they obtained a right to distribute a program and will presumably negotiated the right to deface the video. It is unfortunate and irritating. I certainly hope rights holders will prevent distributors from doing it.
    I totally agree with that if all stops that is fare

any way if i lied in the beginning and said I'm making a family movie you would helped me very fast lol people doesn't like the truth
    Quote Quote  
  17. I wouldn't use DirectShow for this (As an input filter), because you can get mixed up frames.

Here is one "crappy" way of doing it. It's "crappy" because everything is" hardcoded", so less flexible. It would be "smarter" to write a wrapper function, so you can apply it to different videos with different parameters, different fps's, different adjustable timings etc...

(I'm also attaching it as an .avs as well, because some browsers have problems with the code boxes and displaying it properly)

to be exact I want this logo appears 30 second or total 45 second with the fading time in the following timing

Code:
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\AudioFunctions.avs")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\VideoFunctions.avs")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\VSFilter.dll")

DirectShowSource("D:\b\EP142.mkv", fps=23.976, convertfps=true)
    ConvertToYV12()
    TextSub("D:\b\EP142.srt")
    Orig=last

logo=ImageSource("logo.png",0, 1078, pixel_type="RGB32",fps=23.976) #23.976*45 = 1079

logo.trim(0,1076) #subtract 2 frames because of 2 added with fadeIO
    ShowAlpha()
    FadeIO(180)
    Mymask=last #0-1078 = 1079 frames

Overlay(orig.trim(3585,4663) , logo, x=5,y=5, mask=mymask) 
    A=last

Overlay(orig.trim(15096,16174) , logo, x=5,y=5, mask=mymask)
    B=last

Overlay(orig.trim(28765,29843) , logo, x=5,y=5, mask=mymask)
    C=last

Orig.Trim(0,3584) ++ A ++Orig.Trim(4664,15095) ++ B ++ Orig.Trim(16175,28764) ++ C ++ Orig.Trim(29843,0)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know why non-artists have to steal real artist's art and present it as their own. That's like telling your kids that you "made" the pizza you picked up on the way home.
    Quote Quote  
  19. The current common practice of FanSubs, is putting the Fansub group/translator info at the start/end of OP, or at the end of ED
    I've never seen any FanSub putting any logo like TV stations.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    The current common practice of FanSubs, is putting the Fansub group/translator info at the start/end of OP, or at the end of ED
    That's what I thought too

Regardless of the intended usage, here is a generic wrapper function for a transparent logo fade in/out. This means you can apply it to different videos, use different timing for the fades, different logos etc...

You need to specify:
    1) original version
    2) logo overlaid version

Usage syntax is LogoIO(overlaid, start frame number, number of fade in frames, logo duration, number of fade out frames)

eg.
    LogoIO(overlaid, 100,70,120,60)
    LogoIO(overlaid, 600,30,60,30)

would mean fade in the logo starting at frame 100. FadeIn lasts 70 frames. Full Logo On duration lasts 120 frames. Then Logo fade out lasts 60 frames. The next call would do the same thing starting at frame 600, fade in of 30, on duration of 60, fade out of 30

Code:

function LogoIO(clip source, clip overlaid, int start, int Iframes, int duration, int Oframes)
    {
    bl=blankclip(source, pixel_type="RGB32")
    whi=blankclip(source,color=$FFFFFF, pixel_type="RGB32")
    msk=Animate(bl, 0, Iframes-1, "Levels", 0,1,255,0,255, 0,1,255,255,255).Trim(0,Iframes-1+duration) ++ Animate(whi, 0, Oframes-1, "Levels", 0,1,255,0,255, 0,1,255,0,0).Trim(0,Oframes-1)
    source.trim(0,-start) ++ overlay(source.Trim(start, (start+Iframes+duration+Oframes)), overlaid.Trim(start, (start+Iframes+duration+Oframes)), mask=msk, pc_range=true) ++ source.trim(start+1+Iframes+duration+Oframes,0)

Return last

}

So for your specific example (again , I've attached the .avs, because of possible message board issues with some browsers)

Code:
    ConvertToYV12()
    Orig=last

logo=ImageSource("logo.png", 0, orig.framecount-1, pixel_type="RGB32",fps=23.976) 

overlaid=Overlay(orig,logo, x=5,y=5, mask=logo.ShowAlpha())

#7.5 * 23.976 = 180
    #30 * 23.976 = 719
    orig
    LogoIO(overlaid, 3585, 180, 719, 180)
    LogoIO(overlaid, 15096, 180, 719, 180)
    LogoIO(overlaid, 28765, 180, 719, 180)

function LogoIO(clip source, clip overlaid, int start, int Iframes, int duration, int Oframes)
    {
    msk=Animate(bl, 0, Iframes-1, "Levels", 0,1,255,0,255, 0,1,255,255,255).Trim(0,Iframes-1+duration) ++ Animate(whi, 0, Oframes-1, "Levels", 0,1,255,0,255, 0,1,255,0,0).Trim(0,Oframes-1)
    source.trim(0,-start) ++ overlay(source.Trim(start, (start+Iframes+duration+Oframes)), overlaid.Trim(start, (start+Iframes+duration+Oframes)), mask=msk, pc_range=true) ++ source.trim(start+1+Iframes+duration+Oframes,0)

Return last

}
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thank you very much
    I will try and update you
    Last edited by ghazalo; 16th Mar 2015 at 05:52.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thank you very much I will update you with the results

dude we are not thieves the video source selling us raw and they know what we do and they have account in our blogs

and soon our production guy will get out of the hospital and I will be translating only as I used to, it just I don't want the people miss the coming episodes till he get out.

cheers

thanks for help
    Last edited by ghazalo; 16th Mar 2015 at 05:52.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I wouldn't use DirectShow for this (As an input filter), because you can get mixed up frames.

Here is one "crappy" way of doing it. It's "crappy" because everything is" hardcoded", so less flexible. It would be "smarter" to write a wrapper function, so you can apply it to different videos with different parameters, different fps's, different adjustable timings etc...

(I'm also attaching it as an .avs as well, because some browsers have problems with the code boxes and displaying it properly)

Code:
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\AudioFunctions.avs")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\VideoFunctions.avs")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\VSFilter.dll")

ConvertToYV12()
    Orig=last

logo=ImageSource("logo.png",0, 1078, pixel_type="RGB32",fps=23.976) #23.976*45 = 1079

logo.trim(0,1076) #subtract 2 frames because of 2 added with fadeIO
    ShowAlpha()
    FadeIO(180)
    Mymask=last #0-1078 = 1079 frames

Overlay(orig.trim(3585,4663) , logo, x=5,y=5, mask=mymask) 
    A=last

Overlay(orig.trim(15096,16174) , logo, x=5,y=5, mask=mymask)
    B=last

Overlay(orig.trim(28765,29843) , logo, x=5,y=5, mask=mymask)
    C=last

Orig.Trim(0,3584) ++ A ++Orig.Trim(4664,15095) ++ B ++ Orig.Trim(16175,28764) ++ C ++ Orig.Trim(29843,0)
    it worked perfect

I think changing the frame numbers and the file name will make this works for all right?

many many thanks
    Last edited by ghazalo; 16th Mar 2015 at 08:45.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    The current common practice of FanSubs, is putting the Fansub group/translator info at the start/end of OP, or at the end of ED
    That's what I thought too

Regardless of the intended usage, here is a generic wrapper function for a transparent logo fade in/out. This means you can apply it to different videos, use different timing for the fades, different logos etc...

You need to specify:
    1) original version
    2) logo overlaid version

Usage syntax is LogoIO(overlaid, start frame number, number of fade in frames, logo duration, number of fade out frames)

eg.
    LogoIO(overlaid, 100,70,120,60)
    LogoIO(overlaid, 600,30,60,30)

would mean fade in the logo starting at frame 100. FadeIn lasts 70 frames. Full Logo On duration lasts 120 frames. Then Logo fade out lasts 60 frames. The next call would do the same thing starting at frame 600, fade in of 30, on duration of 60, fade out of 30

Code:

{

Return last

}

So for your specific example (again , I've attached the .avs, because of possible message board issues with some browsers)

Code:
    ConvertToYV12()
    Orig=last

logo=ImageSource("logo.png", 0, orig.framecount-1, pixel_type="RGB32",fps=23.976) 

#7.5 * 23.976 = 180
    #30 * 23.976 = 719
    orig

{

Return last

}
    it fade in but didnt get out till the end of the episode

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    I don't know why non-artists have to steal real artist's art and present it as their own. That's like telling your kids that you "made" the pizza you picked up on the way home.

my friend once I purchase from the source the raw material and they are registered in my channel and keep selling me that means they agree of what I'm doing
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post

go and sue cartoon network channel they have their logo on all what they are showing

so why it is prohibited to me only in my online channel

though I will follow your advice and add in future the raw material with soft sub and I bet the download will be 10 times less than the hard subbed one
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by ghazalo View Post

it fade in but didnt get out till the end of the episode

Can you clarify ? Did you mean it doesn't fade out ?

It seems to work ok here

Post your full script

Download these two and preview it in vdub or avspmod - does it work ok?
    Image Attached Images  
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you clarify ? Did you mean it doesn't fade out ?

It seems to work ok here

Post your full script

actually i kept watching it faded out but after almost 90 seconds instead of 45

so I guess something is doubling the number somehow

maybe I need to divide the numbers in 2 and that it

i will keep changing whats in LogoIO

Code:

DirectShowSource("D:\[[[Torrent]]]\b\106.mkv", fps=23.976, convertfps=true)

ConvertToYV12()

###[FILTERING]###
    ###[FILTERING]###

TextSub("D:\[[[Torrent]]]\b\106.srt")

Orig=last

logo=ImageSource("D:\[[[Torrent]]]\b\logo.png", 0, orig.framecount-1, pixel_type="RGB32",fps=23.976) 

#7.5 * 23.976 = 180
    #30 * 23.976 = 719
    orig

{

Return last

}
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  29. Did you try test.avs ? and it doubled the duration of the logo ? It seems to be 45 sec here for each appearance. eg. 1st one appears around 2:30 , then off by about 3:15

You can add showtime() to the first line ,save it and preview it again

I'm talking about test.avs right now, to debug the script. I'm trying to rule out script issues , before applying it to your video. The first Line will look like this

orig=Colorbars(480,360,"YV12").AssumeFPS(23.976).S howframenumber().Trim(0,40000).showtime()

What does mediainfo (view=>text) say about your source video ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't get it what is orig?

but my friend now I have bigger problem with test.avs which is the sound in the video is not match

the very first formula is great avs.avs I suppose I can change the frame number and the files to fit in other episodes .. maybe the only thing I cant change is the time that the logo appears
    Quote Quote