VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have been a happy DVDFab user for quite some time but lately I've ran into lots of BD+ protection issues when trying to rip Blu-Ray titles. Some of them have been addressed in the latest versions of the software but new ones keep coming all the time and looks like the developers need to fix each of these issues on a more or less 'per title'-basis.

What are you guys using at this date to rip and convert Blu-Ray titles, maybe there's some new software far superior to DVDFab...?

What I've liked so far with DVDFab is how easy it is to rip and convert a title in pretty much a few mouse clicks and with great results both looking at the quality, speed and size.
    //Richard
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try MakeMKV and AnyDVDHD. THey can't convert/shrink though. Just rip.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks and what software do you recommend to convert and shrink?
    //Richard
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    AnyDVDHD with BDRebuilder or hybrid, depending on wkat I need for an output
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    DVDFab's biggest claim to fame is convenience. I doubt you'll find any other single program that matches it in that category. There are many others that can beat it in quality of encoding.

The problems with some of the latest releases has been playlist obfuscation, and it has affected both Fab and Slysoft's AnyDVD HD. Slysoft has released about four betas this week alone to deal with Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt. 1. And before that, The Homesman was giving them problems.

Most of us making full Blu-ray backups are using AnyDVD HD or MakeMKV in Backup mode to rip, then BD Rebuilder for high quality copies. I like this combo quite a lot, but even I won't make any claims saying it is as simple to use as DVDFab.

When converting to other formats, MakeMKV is very good if you want uncompressed output. If you want smaller sized files, Handbrake, Ripbot264, and VidCoder are popular choices, but you need to decrypt first before using any of these three.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Many thanks for your input guys, most appreciated!
    //Richard
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about Slysofts CloneBD?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
    How about Slysofts CloneBD?
    Its not reliable enough yet, and lacks fine controls over encoding.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!