VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to know if using a cable that's half female coaxial and half male rca(prongs) really work? I'm trying to hook up cable that comes thru only a wire no box to the back of my Magnavox DVD/vcr player that has only places for "s" 's or rca's to plug into. So will the half, half cable or adapter work so I can tape off the tv?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Where is this cable coming from? An antenna? The cable company?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Likely not.

A coaxial cable input on a TV/VCR is for an RF signal input. RCA inputs are for analog video. A simple cable won't work. You need hardware to perform the conversion.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Charity201 View Post
    I need to know if using a cable that's half female coaxial and half male rca(prongs) really work? I'm trying to hook up cable that comes thru only a wire no box to the back of my Magnavox DVD/vcr player that has only places for "s" 's or rca's to plug into. So will the half, half cable or adapter work so I can tape off the tv?
    No, the cable you are descrbing won't work.

What is the model number of your Magnavox DVD/VCR "player"? We need to find out for sure what it is. If it really is a DVD/VCR player, and not a tunerless DVD/VCR recorder, then it can't record at all. It can only play VHS tapes and DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!