VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an mpeg-2 file on my computer. I want to create a dvd-video using this file that will play on a standalone dvd player. (I'm new to buring videos) I tried using Windows 7 DVD Maker. The software created the correct files: .vob, .ifo and .bup and shows that 4GB of data was recorded onto the dvd. However the DVD does not play in a DVR-231 player. It only plays Ok on various computers.
    The disc burned is a Verbatim DVR-r azo dye. It should be compatible with most devices.
    Windows DVD Maker has a Video filter compatibility option "AVI Decmpressor". This was checked when I burned the DVD. I have no idea what this filter does. Should I uncheck all video filters or am I simply better off using different software? I rather not burn 10-15 dvd's until I get 1 that works.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best advice.

Use avstodvd to author the dvd and imgburn to burn the disk
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you get a VIDEO_TS folder? Then try burn it with Imgburn. See http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/1778-how-to-create-a-single-layer-dvd-video-...using-imgburn/

Or try something else. Like the old dvdflick, avstodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi all,

@DB83
    The last comment about avstodvd is:
    Since updating to V2.8.0 I've been getting these MediaInfo.dll warnings that I did not receive in previous versions, and I have no idea why I get them.
    Is the latest version workable? Does it contain addware etc?

@ Baldrick
    Yes, the dvd has a VIDEO_TS folder.

Since everyone is recommending other software, it sounds like Windows DVD Maker is not reliable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    AVStoDVD includes the MediaInfo.dll to help you identify your input file. Title-->View Source Title Info is the way to use MediaInfo from within AVStoDVD. It is not critical for using AVStoDVD, nor does AVStoDVD contain any type of adware.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!