VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok so i recently was assaulted by my partner while I was holding my 5 month old baby in my arms. I have everything recorded but she somehow turned the phone off while we were struggling and the audio didn't get to "stop" so it is corrupted. I went as far as paying for the EaseUS corruption fix program and it said it was successful. BUT when I go to convert the file to an mp4/mp3/wma it says it fails every time. I cant open the file in VLC or Mplayer but I need this recording for court. Please Please someone respond to this thread so I can have a chance at getting this back. I have multiple files from the same phone recording her screaming at me and my child, saying shes going to lie to the police and in court but I need this one file because it has the recording of her assaulting me and my child. Please if anyone can help I would gladly pay.

thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    EaseUS corruption fix program???

I would try video repair tool. It's the only one that have worked for me. Select a working file from your camera and then the broken one and try repair. Use the FREE trial version first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The file is on my phone but not on an SD card. I emailed it to myself and tried that way. Is there a way to access the phones files without an sd card? can I just put an sd card in and transfer it from within the phone? I appreciate your help I think i already tried that program but with the mentioned processes
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry Yes I used EaseUS unlimited (payed 70 USD) and it says it was able to recover it but still not playing or converting to mp3/4
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you connect your phone directly to your computer with a usb cable? And then access the files from the phone. Google for guides.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I can yes but I dont see the option inside the mention video repair tool
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What option?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I guess I can i just found it but my phone doesnt come up. I think it is because of the charger i am using is not the manufactures cable. If I was able to do the recovery from within the phone do you think this will help at all?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Do you think transfering it to a mini sd from the phone and trying that way might get different results? I really appreciate your help thank you
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try copy it to the minisd. Do not move or delete it from the phone.
    Quote Quote  
  11. i need help with this 3gp file, arrested and police made a story up, i cant see how to start a new thread so thought i would post here
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try copy it to the minisd. Do not move or delete it from the phone.

hope you could help and see this,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like it is trashed beyond repair. The one file has an MDAT and an FTYP but the bytes in between 'ATOMS' are supposed to be Null 'Hex 00'. That is because the 24 bits in front of an atom is the byte count of that atom. Notice all the Hex 20's in the first line, these should be 00's because ftype length should be hex 00 00 18 (24 bytes). The 3f3f3f3f in front of mdat means there should be over 1GB of MDAT and the whole file isn't that size.

There is not a single 00 00 in the rest of the video so something has altered most of the file.. Just to be sure I ran it through the demo of Video Repair and is failed there also.

Sorry...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_166 Oct. 01 23.58.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	33904Name:  ScreenHunter_166 Oct. 01 23.59.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  13.3 KB
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    It looks like it is trashed beyond repair. The one file has an MDAT and an FTYP but the bytes in between 'ATOMS' are supposed to be Null 'Hex 00'. That is because the 24 bits in front of an atom is the byte count of that atom. Notice all the Hex 20's in the first line, these should be 00's because ftype length should be hex 00 00 18 (24 bytes). The 3f3f3f3f in front of mdat means there should be over 1GB of MDAT and the whole file isn't that size.

There is not a single 00 00 in the rest of the video so something has altered most of the file.. Just to be sure I ran it through the demo of Video Repair and is failed there also.

Sorry...
    [Attachment 33904 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 33905 - Click to enlarge]

it should be a 17min audion file,the forensic fella copied my phone onto disk, i will get the disk and upload file from their, could it be that its a .3ga file?.

thanks for your explanation, it was an insight
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!