VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there!
    Ok so here's my challenge. I got a home video wich I'd like to create a .srt that would display the date and time (hh: mm: ss). Since I also want the seconds, It would be a monk's job to do it all by hands (no offense to monks). I got the starting time, so I hope there's a way to automate the process of creating the rest.

Please, you almighty gods of videos, may you shed some light on this struggle of mine.

Edit: Wow, that first posts title was a total fail. Can a mod edit it to ''How to auto create time and date subtitle?'' and also delete this edit after. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sure.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That seems to be just what I was looking for. I'll check it out.

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Let us know if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried it and It worked as it's supposed to work. Only thing is that I would like to tweak some things and don't really know where to start. Maybe you guys can help.
    In the automated date time subtitlte, there's 0.001s off between each subtitle (each second changing). It's not much but it makes the subtitles kinda blink. Is there a way to eliminate it all at once? Like, first line is 00.000s -> 01.000s and second is 01.000s -> 02.000s.
    Also, the date show up like this:
    February 26, 2015 12:02:14 AM

and I would like to have all of them like that:
    February 26, 2015
    12:02:14 AM

For finish, if there's a way to have the month in french, that would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I have updated the original mp4timedate app, its now called TimeDateSRTCreator (TDSC) and available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/timedatesrtcreator/

It doesn't provide split lines for the info, but if its an option available for an srt file I can add it. The time/date can be formatted as required (look up custom VB datetime strings).

Let me know how you get on.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by time2innov8 View Post
    I have updated the original mp4timedate app, its now called TimeDateSRTCreator (TDSC) and available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/timedatesrtcreator/

It doesn't provide split lines for the info, but if its an option available for an srt file I can add it. The time/date can be formatted as required (look up custom VB datetime strings).

Let me know how you get on.
    I'll give it a a spin thank you
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I have updated the TimeDateSRTCreator tool today (V1.2 and above) to support multiple lines, use an asterix to define a new line in the date format input box. To get your required format for:

February 26, 2015

Set the format string to: MMMM dd, yyyy*h:mm:ss tt
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by time2innov8 View Post
    I have updated the TimeDateSRTCreator tool today (V1.2 and above) to support multiple lines, use an asterix to define a new line in the date format input box. To get your required format for:

February 26, 2015

Set the format string to: MMMM dd, yyyy*h:mms tt
    Awesome thanks
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!