VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys

I got a movie of 1987 having grains in it .... How do I remove those grains ?
    Please give me plugins and filters for DeGraining ....

Thank you .......
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post a video sample.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    AviSynth Wiki – External filters – 4. Denoisers

And because there are so many filters, as well as different kinds of noise or grain, and all these filters all do something slightly different, thus are more or less efficient in different situations, there can't be any recommendation without a useful sample.
    Quote Quote  
  4. See how much grains are in the video http://prntscr.com/69n99z... and its BD ..... Please tell me perfect filter so I can encode within less time possible and which will make grains invisible or less ..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by PrinceSwaraj View Post
    I got a movie of 1987 having grains in it .... How do I remove those grains ?
    Please give me plugins and filters for DeGraining ....
    What is the resolution, codec and bitrate of the movie?

Movie grain can be a problem but only for high quality copies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Its BluRay man ..... Of 1987 ....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    One single frame screenshot tells little. The development of the grain during some time is much more important to know to find the optimal filter.

Furthermore, it is not recommendable to "flatten out" all noise. Some film grain keeps the movie alive, especially a movie that age. Too much noise removal will kill the feeling. I believe the best may be a filter which optimizes compressibility without eliminating all grain.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by PrinceSwaraj View Post
    Its BluRay man ..... Of 1987 ....
    The year doesn't matter. What the hell are we supposed to do with a still frame capture from a media player? Judging from the image you posted, grain isn't the only problem -- The color is awful and the video just looks like crap. Readers have been posting unprocessd samples of their video sources for a great many years in this forum and others. No one can help you with a bad single image from your PC. If you want help with still photos, there are lots of Photoshop forums around.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote