VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi i'm new to the forum. Just signed up because I need some help filtering a high pitched whine out of some home videos. They were recorded with a small digital camera just a year or so ago. I had taken video with that particular camera before and never experienced that kind of problem but it happened this time and happened to about 15 short (between 30 seconds and 5 minutes) videos from a very memorable camping trip.

So in short I guess I dont know where to start but I tried a program called Audacity but it doesnt recognize the files because they're video files rather than audio. The video type is .mov and the audio says its 11khz 88kbps 1 channel.

Any help would be awesome.
    Quote Quote  
  2. OK so I went ahead and installed the ffmpeg plugin and now I can open and edit the audio files as needed. A low pass filter removes the whine nicely but now I can't seem to figure out how to get it to save the file with the edited audio. I can export the audio to a several different kinds of audio files but it doesn't have an option to save to the original video file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Audacity can only create audio files. Use a third party muxer to mux the new audio with the old video.

Rather than a low pass filter the noise reduction filter might work better. Or a notch filter. Those will let you keep other high frequencies to keep the audio from sounding dull.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!