VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've just got a Samsung BD-H5900 and its region 2

But I need to unlock it to be region-free

I've searched for hours online and nothing

Can someone pls tell me the code to unlock it?

Thanks xxxxx
    Last edited by Baldrick; 22nd Feb 2015 at 14:53. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since there are no hacks for you player posted in the DVD Hacks section here, and none to be found with a search engine, there are no hacks for it that you can do at home.

Only a small percentage of Blu-Ray players are hackable by consumers. If you must have a region-free Blu-Ray player, then you should buy one from a specialty retailer that has already been modified by the seller to be region free, or you need to research the player before buying it to make sure that you can hack it at home.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 22nd Feb 2015 at 14:43.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sony and Samsung players of all types are the most difficult in the world to unlock. In the future, don't buy either brand in stores if you want region free.

The days of buying some player in a store, taking it home and unlocking are long gone. The only safe course of action any more is to find an online re-seller who has modified the hardware to allow region free playback and buy from them. Such players will cost a little more than the store models because you're having to pay for the extra hardware and someone time's to install it, but things are so bad currently about unlocking models yourself that you're just wasting money if you don't buy from the re-sellers. If you must have Sony or Samsung, buying a hardware unlocked player from a re-seller is the only way to go.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!