VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In Brazil I could only find the DVD-R medias Philips, Sony, Emtec, Nipponic, Ridata, Multilaser, Maxell, Elgin, Fortrek, Smartbuy

Which of these brands is the best brand is more reliable? which one has the longest life?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If I had to buy from that list, I would only buy Sony. Sony sometimes uses the best manufacturers. Sony sometimes uses the worst manufacturers. Maybe you will get lucky and buy discs made by the good manufacturers. It's not possible to know if you have good Sony or bad Sony before you buy.

I would assume that all the other brands are very bad. I know personally that Maxell is terrible.
    Quote Quote  
  3. you see the Brazilian site with the medias I quoted, has photos: http://www.kabum.com.br/perifericos/suprimentos/midia/dvd-r
    Quote Quote  
  4. I smell fungus...

Quote Quote  
  5. Mentally Deficient Mr.Delusional's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think I'm going to agree with Clockwork.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/6016-dvd-media-buy.html
    This film is presented in it's original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The black bars at top and bottom are normal. (it's you that isn't normal)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The other posters are politely skirting around the real answer. The real answer is everything you've listed is either bad or really bad and not worth buying.

You were on the right track with your other thread in which you tried to buy Verbatim Azo, but found out Verbatim is fooling customers with their packaging.

Don't compromise on DVD media quality. You know that Verbatim AZO and Taiyo Yuden are the ONLY media worth buying.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Correct answer, lingyi, but the same O.P. has had the same question answered the same way for over 400 posts in multiple threads in more than one forum. Be prepared for 200 repeat plays of the same question.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Correct answer, lingyi, but the same O.P. has had the same question answered the same way for over 400 posts in multiple threads in more than one forum. Be prepared for 200 repeat plays of the same question.
    Hmm...could Clockwork be right? Could it be that he who shall not be named is back?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have one of the many Walmart stores near you you can order Verbatim DVD-R AZO 50 or 100 pack.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Hmm...could Clockwork be right?

Yup.

The mushroom-DVD guy.

He's baaaaack...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just checked DigitalFAQ and sure enough, he's posting there again. He even posted the same Verbatim photo as in his other thread (though with a different question).

Good try gamey!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search PM
    More mushroom questions coming up???!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He was already told to get the Verbatim:
    http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/media/6391-verbatim-dvd-media.html

I don't understand the hesitance to get it. I have several spindles here on my desk.

@jman: Sony has been RitekF since Daxon collapsed back in 2008 or so. It's not bad, but it's not Verbatim.
    Sony hasn't used TY in 10 years now.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  14. He doesn't have a credit card and needs to pay with a cheque or cash, maybe someone knows a mail order place that ships international and does C.O.D. I think a better solution would be to get a Paypal account and link it to his bank.
    Quote Quote  
  15. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    He doesn't have a credit card and needs to pay with a cheque or cash, maybe someone knows a mail order place that ships international and does C.O.D. I think a better solution would be to get a Paypal account and link it to his bank.
    If he doesn't have a credit card, I doubt he has a bank account.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  16. the brands Ridata, Smartbuy, Nipponic, Philips, TDK what is the best and most reliable?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search PM
    This is definitely gamey.

@rocknroll racing
    they all have problems with fungus in the Brazilian climate
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    If he doesn't have a credit card, I doubt he has a bank account.
    Don't know, I had a bank account long before I ever had a credit card. Credit cards are opt-in and even then it's not because you ask for one that you will get one.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He wants to pay via Billet Banking which as far as I've been able to figure out is something like a Money Order or PayPal unique to Brazil.

Anyway, this is 100% Gamemanico under yet another alias and hopefully will be banned (again!) soon.
    Last edited by lingyi; 22nd Feb 2015 at 21:45. Reason: corrected to PayPal
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    This is gonna be good

Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by rocknroll racing View Post
    the brands Ridata, Smartbuy, Nipponic, Philips, TDK what is the best and most reliable?
    Same M.O. Ignore all answers and repeat the question ad nauseum. The odds of this not being gamey seem vanishingly small.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search PM
    Here comes the fungus
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!