VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Well we could always say the same thing about SVCD and so on usually_quiet.
    Let see once upon a time there are tools that allow you to change settings with in the video file such as 3:2 pulldown, framerate, video size/resolution and etc, etc there for tricking the authoring tools in doing what you want and there other way to but don't I want get in that one.
    Of course you don't want to "get in that one". There aren't any Blu-Ray "authoring tricks" that will change 480p 59.94 frames per second video from the Rocket into 480i at 59.94 fields per second for output from an authored Blu-Ray disc. The only way to produce an authored Blu-ray disc from that video is to re-interlace, or upscale to 720p before authoring.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Mar 2015 at 23:42. Reason: Clarity, correction
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    DVD was developed for interlaced displays (old CRT televisions) and a DVD player always outputs 480i/576i. usually_quiet was absolutely correct.
    Yes that is true but that does not exclude the source being progressive, on a modern display it simply remains progressive despite that fields instead of frames are displayed sequentially.

Of course, in your ow way you were correct as well, in the sense that one can encode as progressive.
    Yes and not only film sources but also 25/30p video.

And I learned from you and others that that is 100% conform the DVD standard. Right?

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    What are you talking about, if you can put 25/30p progressive on a DVD and it plays you do not think that means it is fully supported by the standard?
    Just speaking the truth, something you like to take liberties with:

Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It is a VHS is interlaced. DVD is interlaced. Going from interlaced to progressive to interlaced is not a good workflow.
    Actually I recently learned to my shame from my fellow members that the DVD standard fully supports progressive video.
    You should listen and learn from usually_quiet, since he knows what he's talking about. And don't contradict people on subjects about which you know little. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. DVD was developed for interlaced displays (old CRT televisions) and a DVD player always outputs 480i/576i. usually_quiet was absolutely correct.

Of course, in your own way you were correct as well, in the sense that one can encode as progressive. But you were contradicting him and you were wrong to do that.
    I should have known better than to reply to newpball in any serious way. He has decided it is great fun to disrupt every thread about SD video of any kind, MPEG-2 video, DVD, or Blu-Ray. A troll, really.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I perf progressive over any interlaced
    This what look http://www.shspvr.com/movie_other/sony-hi8-hdpvr-rocket.mp4
    Was the firmware or software was updated recently? I read in the past the 30i was always deinterlaced to 30p. In any case, the deinterlacing to 60p is pretty poor. It looks like a simple bob. All the VHS luma noise is gone -- and all the small low contrast detail went with it. Of course, that could have been partly your hi8 player's fault. Can you disable noise reduction in the Rocket? The hi8 player?

No new firmware but the software is always getting update as they posted 1.0.33057

The tape is very old at least 10+ years it a Sony CCD-TRV328
    The Rocket doesn't haven't noise reduction as far I know of jagabo
    As for Sony Camcorder I forgot look and see if DNR and TBC was on or off and not sure what default was only just pop in the battery got a tape hook it up and made a recodering.
    Thanks for the info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Let see once upon a time there are tools that allow you to change settings with in the video file such as 3:2 pulldown, framerate, video size/resolution and etc, etc there for tricking the authoring tools in doing what you want and there other way to but don't I want get in that one.
    Of course you don't want to "get in that one". There aren't any Blu-Ray "authoring tricks"
    That not it and yes there is.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Of course you don't want to "get in that one". There aren't any Blu-Ray "authoring tricks"
    That not it and yes there is.
    No there isn't an authoring trick for Blu-Ray that will work as you say for 480p 59.94 frames-per-second video. I asked about that in the Blu-Ray authoring forum. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/370912-Possible-to-author-Blu-Ray-with-480p-59-94-f...nd-H-264-video
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 21st Mar 2015 at 10:40. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!