VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 3d blu-ray to sony tv usb through portable hdd (TV IS SONY KDL-55W829B)

tv plays through usb DLNA Content MPEG1/MPEG2PS/MPEG2TS/AVCHD/MP4Part10/MP4Part2/AVI(XVID)/AVI(MotionJpeg)/MOV/WMV/MKV/WEBM/3GPP/MP3/WMA/LPCM/JPEG/MPO and USB Play YES (USB viewer supports FAT16, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS file systems.)

Have bought avatar 3d and managed to rip it to iso but looks like tv does not support iso
    This is my thinking but please do not make it to complicated
    Although i have just bought a 3d blu-ray player as well i want to rip my 3d blu-rays to a format the TV will take through a hdd through the usb port saving the kids scratching the discs
    the avatar movie i bought has the 3d blu-ray the 2d and a dvd but only two discs so presume the 2d and 3d blu-ray to be on one disc (can i rip one without the other in an easy way) would like to try and keep quality as its a 55" TV

What is the best format to rip to (have a 2 terabite hdd)

p.s have already played a 2d movie through a pendrive and it played fine but it was not a 3d blu-ray only a avi
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Almost NO hardware devices (not counting HTPC, obviously) support ISO.

Here's what I would do:
    Rip & convert (demux+decode MVC+re-encode) to MP4 (or MKV) container, Video=SbS 3D, AVC, HP@L.40, 1920x1080p24 @ ~25Mbps or greater (if possible/allowable), Audio=AAC or AC-3 @ high enough bitrate (2.0 or 5.1 as content dictates).

Don't use AVI for endpoint distribution anymore.

Do your 2D rips separate from your 3D rips.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. what program would you recommend to rip only the 3d content

please note my stats are all wrong its the only account i remember so i have the blu-ray in my pc and everything else monitor/graphics etc are complient just i have been out of the hoop for years
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper, MakeMKV, 3DBDBuster, TDMore, a number of other knock-off variations, plus some step-by-step series of apps.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. looked at a few of the programs and they offer to rip to different files like mkv etc etc

what single format would you advise on a 55" 3d tv for 3d blu-ray
    I am looking at having the movies ripped from my own collection and hopefully one file so the kids can choose a title and click play
    easer way the better for playing and for ripping (one does it all or just one prog for ripping 3d and one file format for showing it)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Of course it's going to be a different file than what was on the BD3D, you're having to change it's visual layout (in addition to ripping/decrypting)! This entails re-encoding. Pick a format that works for you (and your devices) and live with it. I already suggested one or two, but I'm not going to dictate when I might not have the same requirements & priorities as you.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!