VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. NEVERMIND THIS POST...I finally did find signal in the LFE channel...it's only about 30 seconds out of 2+ hours!! but it is there.

ALSO, HOW DO YOU DELETE A POST OR THREAD, I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!

Hi, dealing with Star Wars complete sage here and LOTR extended trilogy. It appears they are both DTSHDMA 6.1 and have been having problems converting them to flac...once a flac6.1 made it won't play properly on wdtv.

After much research came across a post that someone was finally able to properly decode it (as the newest dts decoder won't do it, need an older one like 1.1.0.0). However in that post someone said they saw no signal in the Back channel (which I'm pretty sure is because it is 6.1 matrix, which just draws signal from both the back left and right if I'm not mistaken). I've converted using eac3to a dtshd6.1 track to the mono components using output .WAVS. I've noticed the same thing with the back channel (using the oscilloscope and peak meter in foobar2000).

However, I have also noticed the LFE channel has no signal, that I could make out.

Is this normal, does the LFE have noticable signal or is it encoded differently? Should I use different software to look and the sound signals? The spectrum meter in foobar goes to or below 50Hz which should certainly appear in the LFE channel, correct?

Thanks
    Last edited by bmcelvan; 18th Feb 2015 at 10:44.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!