VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Can someone recommend a good mp4 cutter please?

Spent most of the afternoon Googling for something but an only find junky things, or crippled.
    I did try one linked from here - MPEGStreamclip_1.2.zip- but it just crashes to a page fault.

Nothing fancy or over complicated wanted.. only requirement is it cuts without re-compressing (encoding ?)

Many thanks.. and don't mind paying $20 or so...
    Last edited by Baldrick; 15th Feb 2015 at 02:33. Reason: New title.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try Video To Video Converter and the commercial remover or the splitter under the Tools menu. There's a portable version you can just download, unzip and run it (no adware in the installer). You can only cut on keyframes without re-encoding, or using a "smart cutting" program, but that's normal and I don't know if there's any free/cheap smart cutting programs that work well for MP4 as I've not needed one myself (smart cutting means the program has the ability to re-encode a section around the cut point if need be so you can cut on any frame). Only being able to cut on keyframe means you mightn't always be able to cut exactly where you want to.
    When you're done Video To Video Converter will offer you a choice of conversion presets. "Direct Stream Copy" is the one you want (no re-encoding).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for that... I've installed it and removed the bit I want to lose and resultant file is excellent !!
    Much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!