2. Hi newpball ,

Thanks for the reply .

Regards .
    JE SUIS CHARLIE !!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    That project appears to be abandoned.

A shame!
    This is not abandoned, but a few realities make it difficult to proceed as planned. First, the license for ffmpeg precludes monetizing this app in the future. Two, the compatibility of OpenCV is not robust, there are the issues with XP that have been discussed and my effort at getting it working on Mac have been riddled with idiosyncrasies. Finally, there have been no donations to the project and I'm not an aspiring comp sci student with copious free time, so ironing this all out simply isn't worth my time. What is planned is a final update with a number of features existing users should find interesting, including vertical thumbnail progression, dynamic preview and a surprise. At that point the project will be considered finished. The planned completion date is a week or two.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    First, the license for ffmpeg precludes monetizing this app in the future.
    You post the project on SourceForge, that's supposed to be for open software.

Originally Posted by tyloniusfunk View Post
    Two, the compatibility of OpenCV is not robust, there are the issues with XP that have been discussed and my effort at getting it working on Mac have been riddled with idiosyncrasies.
    I warned you about it but apparently you ignored my advice.
    Just develop for Windows 64 bit.

What is planned is a final update with a number of features existing users should find interesting, including vertical thumbnail progression, dynamic preview and a surprise. At that point the project will be considered finished. The planned completion date is a week or two.
    Great, I am looking forward to it!

Please make sure you comment how to get the desired codec, as far as I remember that did not work. If I recall correctly you seem to have your own ideas on how to do it (four character code versus some number) , which is fine, as long as you can tell me how to use H.264.

Last edited by newpball; 14th Jul 2015 at 12:29.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Looks like there is a new version 1.5.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/videocs/files/

Testing it now.

Unfortunately the author refuses (it appears out of sheer stubbornness) to fix the FourCC code (takes 2 lines of C code to fix - and no I won't do it) so H.264 is not going to work.

The author seems sluggish in updating the sourcecode, 1.5 it is still not available.

Updates:

We seem to have regressed, aspect ratios in the thumbs are not respected and now there is horizontal scrolling of the thumbs with the last one ending up as the first.

Regrettable!

Last edited by newpball; 14th Jul 2015 at 13:44.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Updates:

We seem to have regressed, aspect ratios in the thumbs are not respected and now there is horizontal scrolling of the thumbs with the last one ending up as the first.

Regrettable!

I'm not sure what you mean about aspect ratios. The translating thumbs is a .ini option. Also, I just updated the source, thanks for pointing that out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    I'm not sure what you mean about aspect ratios. The translating thumbs is a .ini option. Also, I just updated the source, thanks for pointing that out.
    Ok, found the translating thumbs option. Point of advice, please provide some basic documentation about the tool, just adding some new feature, enabling it by default without any form of documentation is not the way to go.

The aspect ratio is a big problem. When I select thumb_duration <> 0 and I feed a 16:9 video I expect to get 16:9 thumbs.

Lastly why use a completely nonstandard default of 1920x1280?
    I suspect you want 1920x1080 right?

Last edited by newpball; 15th Jul 2015 at 10:57.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    The aspect ratio is a big problem. When I select thumb_duration <> 0 and I feed a 16:9 video I expect to get 16:9 thumbs.

Lastly why use a completely nonstandard default of 1920x1280?
    I suspect you want 1920x1080 right?
    You can comment out the resolution setting lines in the .ini to default to the source video resolution(s). I've updated the sourceforge .ini files so it comes this way "out of the box". The .ini settings uploaded initially are what I've been using and I must have missed the '8' last time I changed it from 1080.

X32 users, i haven't forgotten about you, but I'm having problems statically linking everything. Might just have to dynamically link, which means the .dll is required in the same directory like in past versions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi tyloniusfunk ,

> X32 users, i haven't forgotten about you
    Many thanks to you .

Cheers .
    JE SUIS CHARLIE !!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    very interesting software but i have no idea where can i use this ? do you have any suggestions ?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!