VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I missed the grammy's show the other night and got a copy online. Its in HD so its a plus for me. So I thought. I have tried to transfer the mp4 file to dvd thru avstodvd but I get a error stating it couldnt read the memory. I think it gets to 50% not totally sure on that tho.
    Here is the log file. If anyone can help me out on this I would greatly appreciate it.
    <2/13/2015 11:49:19 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: Burn DVD
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\chainsaw\My Documents\My Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: F:\
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Documents and Settings\chainsaw\My Documents\[ www.torrenting.com ] - The.57th.Annual.Grammy.Awards.2015.HDTV.x264-2HD\New Folder\the.57th.annual.grammy.awards.2015.hdtv.x26 4-2hd.mp4
    Info: AVC - 807 kbps - 720x404 - DAR 1.782 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 2:35:54 hours - 280341 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Documents and Settings\chainsaw\My Documents\[ www.torrenting.com ] - The.57th.Annual.Grammy.Awards.2015.HDTV.x264-2HD\New Folder\the.57th.annual.grammy.awards.2015.hdtv.x26 4-2hd.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 127 kbps - VBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:35:54 hours (67 ms delay) - Internal
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.59]
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Boozer, would you post the complete log file? You can simply post it as an attachment.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. How would I go about doing that? Im sorry pretty new to all of it and thought this was the whole log file. Every time I tried it I see a new log file and this is the same amount of info. It doesnt complete it just asks to "Ok" or cancel" either or the process stops and I cant get the conversion completed.
    Please let me know then and thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok, let's start from some basic troubleshooting:

1. What AVStoDVD release are you using? Check out the latest 2.8.1 Alpha.

2. Do use the Installer version, it installs all the required extra software.

3. When you add a source title to AVStoDVD, make sure your system is able to decode it. Use the 'Tool'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph' to visualize the codecs being in use by your system. Post here the graph screenshot.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi I was using the 2.5.1 and just today I downloaded the new 2.8.0 (install exe). I installed everything today(including the active x, avi synth) and gave it a try but still came up with the same error.
    I have a screen shot of the build direct show. (I think that is what youre asking for ).

I also have a screen shot of the error that comes up.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The graph screenshot is correct, meaning that there are no issues related to source title decoding on your system.

The HCenc memory error is more serious. First thing I would try is to switch from HCenc to FFmpeg in 'Edit Title'/'Video'. Could you try that?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sure thing thanks for the help. Just to be sure I am doing it all correct here is a screen shot. Just want to make sure i have selected the correct FFMPEG as there is a safemode option in there.

What does the memory error mean?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, that's the option to activate.

About the memory error, you can ask for advise here, the official HCenc development thread at Doom9

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks _MrC_ for all your help. What you mentioned to do absolutely worked. My picture quality degraded a slight bit. I get some pixelation at some spots but just glad to have it. I know my dvr wouldnt have been able to transfer a 2½ hour show to a DVD5 disc even with all the commercials edited out.
    Thanks again my friend. Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You will get pixelation because 1-pass constant bit rate @ 3675 Kbps is kind of low, especially with action scenes, or quick movement.

That's why in the normal course of things, AVStoDVD will not pick that encoder unless your calculated bit rate is high (above 7500 Kbps)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the explanation davexnet. I guess Ill have to ask on doom9 what the problem is with the memory error & see if the problem can be corrected. Either way Im still satisfied that I have it now.
    Quote Quote  
  12. You have some more options with FFmpeg, if you get pixelations:

1. You can activate the FFmpeg high quality flags (in 'Preferences'/'Video')

2. You can download manolito's plugin for VBR encoding with FFmpeg.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. Much thanks Mr.C Ill have to try it out. thanks again.

Which would get me the best quality setting on the below screenie?
    Would it be Full D-1?
    Or would I just raise the bit rates?
    Sorry not familiar with these settings.
    Or am I not in the correct spot of the program?

Last edited by Boozer; 22nd Feb 2015 at 21:01.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    So I missed the grammy's show the other night and got a copy online. Its in HD so its a plus for me. So I thought. I have tried to transfer the mp4 file to dvd thru avstodvd but I get a error stating it couldnt read the memory.
    HD is indeed a great plus.

But, I hope you realize that once you put it on a DVD it is no longer HD. Not only did you degrade the video resolution wise but also quality wise by converting it to another format.

Last edited by newpball; 22nd Feb 2015 at 22:19.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    So I missed the grammy's show the other night and got a copy online. Its in HD so its a plus for me. So I thought. I have tried to transfer the mp4 file to dvd thru avstodvd but I get a error stating it couldnt read the memory.
    HD is indeed a great plus.

But, I hope you realize that once you put it on a DVD it is no longer HD. Not only did you degrade the video resolution wise but also quality wise by converting it to another format.

Oh? I wasnt aware of that. I thought I would suffer from some quality loss but not lose HD all together. Is there anything that I can do to get it to play on a regular dvr(Im assuming MPEG2) without loosing resolution quality?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!