VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear Helpers
    I own a Sony Video Camera, that produces MPEG2 Files on a SD-Card. Unfortunately there is some kind of extradata saved (about 200kb) in the files. Thats the reason why I canīt use them directly in Magix Video Deluxe or in windows Media Player. There are always black frames between the scenes (files).

With the camera came a software called PMB (Picture Motion Browser). With that I had allways to "convert" the Sony-MPEG2 files to real Mpeg2.

That always took some time and I think I lost surly some quality from the film. And the software only works with Windows XP.

Now under Windows 8.1 PMB isnīt working anymore and I have to use PMH (Play Memoris Home) (the newest version of the old PMB).

In that I canīt vonvert to mpeg2 anymore only to Mpeg4 what takes even more time and surly reduces the quality even more (or am I wrong?)

Thatīs why I am trying to ust a batch file to "convert" the 400 files with avidemux.

I just want avidemux to open the Mpeg2 file and copy every thing in a new mpeg2 file but all I tried dosenīt work. I Just donīt get the right script.

Can anyone tell me the right code for a script with avidemux?

Here is my batch file so far:
    set avidemux="C:\Programme\Avidemux 2.6 - 64bits\avidemux.exe"

for %%f in (*.mpg) do %avidemux% --force-alt-h264 --load "%%f" --save-dvd --output-format PS --save "convert\%%f.mpg" --quit

pause

Thank you very much!
    Hauke
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried so it works in avidemux first? By choose copy under video and audio, format mpeg-ps and save as new video.mpg.

That scripts looks like it reconverts to dvd format...but I have never used the avidemux command line.

Maybe easier to try remux with ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. Thank you. I forgot to mention that. Yes, I allready tried that and it worked fine.
    I just want to do it now for all the 400 files with a script.

Is there someone who can write me the correct script?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try ffmpeg until you found a method with avidemux(I couldn't find a copy method...)....the ffmpeg batch should look like this:

Code:
    for %%f in (*.mpg) do "C:\Programme\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%f" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "convert\%%f.mpg"
    pause
    Just try with one mpg and see if it works. Be sure to make the convert folder also.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You. But it doesnīt work.
    The error message is in the attachement.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	30212
    Quote Quote  
  6. add -f vob

Code:
    for %%f in (*.mpg) do "C:\Programme\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%f" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f vob "convert\%%f.mpg"

pause
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did it work with -f vob?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,
    thank you very much! The script is working!
    Unfortunately, there are still problems with the beginning of the new files, when I try to use them in Magix Video Deluxe, Windows Media Player or other programms. And I although found out, that the file I converted with avidemus is although not working right ;-(

It seems, that I am forced to use the Sony Programm to get my files usable.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or is there anyone who can analyse my files and tell me what is the exakt difference between the File direct from the camera and the converted file from the PMB under Windows XP.

Maybe then, somebody could filter me out that annoying extra data.

I upload two files here.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!