VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi I have tried a couple of software which are intended to catch/download streaming video on the web.
    However, it looks like different programs using different algorithms to catch the same source of video, it returns with
    a slightly different file, in terms of size, although the quality is not distinguished by naked eyes.

I'd like to know if there are any programs that can catch/download streaming video as closely as to the original source copy
    , which alters little or nothing (the best)

Any idea?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You will not lose any quality if the program downloads the stream.

The different size is probably because different metadata, the download program might mux the video different(like to mp4,flv,etc) or if the stream has several video streams with different quality(like SD 480p , HD 1080p, etc).

If you want the exact video source you must ask the streaming service for the original video....

(And please post video streaming downloading/capturing in the video streaming section. I have moved this thread).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You will not lose any quality if the program downloads the stream.

The different size is probably because different metadata, the download program might mux the video different(like to mp4,flv,etc) or if the stream has several video streams with different quality(like SD 480p , HD 1080p, etc).

If you want the exact video source you must ask the streaming service for the original video....

(And please post video streaming downloading/capturing in the video streaming section. I have moved this thread).
    they are of the same format (both are mp4) and same meta data details , according to the properties windows.

They are of very similar size, differed by a few tens of bytes, which should not be due to 480p or 1080p
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed that detail too, for example, when I download a video with DownloadHelper, well sometimes it's better quality than the same video but downloaded with Internet download manager and vice versa, I feel that it depends of the video site and greatly the software is used.

But rtmpdump, adobehds, ffmpeg or Tubedigger seems to grab the nearest quality of the original, or at least the "better" quality.

sorry if it didn't really help but your request seemed interesting, so I wanted to participate a little x)
    Last edited by WazaKrash; 11th Feb 2015 at 08:34.
    Quote Quote