VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All of a sudden my paid version of DVDFab 8.2.2.9 won't rip BD's anymore. I can't convert to dvd9/5, rip, nothing. I know you guys like BD Rebuilder here, but I like using FAB. Plus...I paid for it. I even downloaded version 9(US). I searched and found no other posts about this problem. Anyone else have any issues with FAB lately?

Thank you,

Jason
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clashradio View Post
    All of a sudden my paid version of DVDFab 8.2.2.9 won't rip BD's anymore. I can't convert to dvd9/5, rip, nothing. I know you guys like BD Rebuilder here, but I like using FAB. Plus...I paid for it. I even downloaded version 9(US). I searched and found no other posts about this problem. Anyone else have any issues with FAB lately?

Thank you,

Jason
    dvdfab version 9 US currently will not rip blurays . read here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_decryption_faq.htm#how_to_faq
    version 8.2.2.9 should work if the bluray disc is supported. what bluray disc are you trying to copy??
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just use makemkv.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I understand about new BD's with the protection. But I've gone back to a BD(s) that I've ripped before. Examples are: Star Wars episode 4 (I wanted to make my own Despecialzed version as I wasn't happy with Harmy's. Also Doors Feast of Friends wont rip, but did before.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you might want to check your internet connection because bluray ripping requires an active internet connection.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you saying to check and make sure some mode didn't get turned off in FAB? Because obliviously I have an active internet connection if I am posting here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Examples are: Star Wars episode 4 (I wanted to make my own Despecialzed version as I wasn't happy with Harmy's.
    You DO realize just how incredibly time consuming and difficult it was for him to make that right? But you do me no harm but wanting to make your own. It's not my time and energy. (roll of eyes)

Anyway...

I don't personally recommend DVDFab any more because a few years ago, before their current US legal problems, I installed the "free" version and it most certainly was NOT free "forever". We've had discussions here about it and all I can determine is that if you installed the free one years ago, you can still update it. If you install ANYTHING they make now, all bets are off from my perspective as to how long it will work. I can't rule out that for some weird reason your version is simply broken because they've found a way to keep the older versions from working. But to try to help you, you might see if it can rip DVDs. It would be interesting to know if that is broken too or if it works. Also, if you can't rip DVDs, can you try MakeMKV and just see if it works on BluRays? If not, maybe your issue is a problem with the drive trying to read the discs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Talk to the people who use Fab over at MyCE: http://club.myce.com/f116/

They'll sort it out for you if at all possible. I don't use this software for anything, so not something I can help with. Personally, I'd advise using MakeMKV for ripping either as mkv files or full BD backups, then use BD Rebuilder for Blu-ray output, or VidCoder for smaller mp4 and mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it not give the option of ripping a BD or does it just fail to rip them?

Could the key version 8.2.2.9 uses have been revoked by inserting a disc with a more recent version of AACS... or does DVDFab have dynamic keys or something.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by clashradio View Post

Thank you,

Jason
    - Some ppl. have issues.
    - Do not connect to the net while ripping !!!
    - Download the non-US versions using a VPN or Tor Browser.
    - Try other weapons like MakeMKV, etc.
    - Try dvdfab forums for more info.
    - Talk directly to DVDFab since you pay for life time usage.
    Payment processor - mona
    Administrator - signals - 守夜人

at dvdfab.cn
    http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 11th Feb 2015 at 17:22.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DJ_ValBec View Post

Thank you,

Jason
    - Some ppl. have issues.
    - Do not connect to the net while ripping !!!
    - Download the non-US versions using a VPN or Tor Browser.
    - Try other weapons like MakeMKV, etc.
    - Try dvdfab forums for more info.
    - Talk directly to DVDFab since you pay for life time usage.
    Payment processor - mona
    Administrator - signals - 守夜人

at dvdfab.cn
    http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm
    you have to connect to the internet for blu ray decryption because the decryption info is stored on dvdfabs end.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Search their and other alike forums.
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 11th Feb 2015 at 18:26.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jman98: My (semi) Despecialized version was just for my own personal fun of editing. That was I do. I'm an editor. There were tons of scenes I had no idea how that team got the results they did. Blew my mind. But in my opinion (yes everyone has them) I didn't like the overall color correction.

Ndjamena: yes it does give me the option of ripping, coping, everything. Sometimes it says "disc is dirty" (brand new direct out the package Star Trek Original Series 2009BD). It recognizes the disc alright. Says the name of the show, season number and disc number.

Ya I tried unplugging my connection. "Internet is required to open this Blu Ray disc"
    Quote Quote  
  14. It seams like your DVDFab is corrupted.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's not corrupted,it's too old to rip newer blu-rays,either the op updates or uses makemkv or anydvd then there no other way.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well that's not exactly true. Like I said as a test I went back and tried to rip BD's that I've already ripped with this version.

I contacted FAB directly and will see what they say.
    Quote Quote  
  17. They gonna tell you to upgrade to a DVDFab v.9185
    ...but, go for the non-US version to breath some freedom.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's still true,dvdfab outdates it so you can't rip the same blu-ray you already ripped before.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you insert a Blu Ray with a newer AACS version into a drive it updates the firmware of the drive and updates the list of all the compromised keys that have been revoked.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With over a thousand different blu-ray players there's no way they can put on firmware for all those drives,what you are saying is not true.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Access_Content_System
    AACS also incorporates traitor tracing techniques. The standard allows for multiple versions of short sections of a movie to be encrypted with different keys, while a given player will only be able to decrypt one version of each section. The manufacturer embeds varying digital watermarks in these sections, and upon subsequent analysis of the pirated release the compromised keys can be identified and revoked (this feature is called Sequence keys in the AACS specifications).
    Besides spreading processing keys on the Internet, there have also been efforts to spread title keys on various sites.[35] The AACS LA has sent DMCA takedown notices to such sites on at least one occasion. There is also commercial software (AnyDVD HD) that can circumvent the AACS protection. Apparently this program works even with movies released after the AACS LA expired the first batch of keys.
    I thought that was the whole point of AACS, I inserted a disc into MakeMKV at one point that it refused to rip, and afterwards it refused to rip any other BD until a new version of MakeMKV was released. At least I think that's what happened, that was early days.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=153099

According to the specs, the drives are required to take over the blacklist from the disc, as soon as a player authenticates with the drive.
    So theoretically, a tool reading the MKB and telling you the version would be ok, since it won't have to authenticate (that's why AnyDVD checks for the version before it authenticates, so your drive would remain "clean").

But in reality, tests have shown that the drives - at least many of them - replicate the blacklist as soon as the disc is in the drive. So if you don't want to mess up your blacklist, it's no option.
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/BluRay

Unfortunately, what may happen when trying to play a newer BluRay disc is the revocation of host key/certificates (which are keys of licensed software players) by your drive. When this happens, aacskeys will return this message:
    The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.

This is part of the AACS protection scheme: editors are able to revoke old software player host keys that have leaked on the Internet and distribute the lists on newer commercial disc releases. This is irreversible and does cannot be fixed even after reflashing the drive
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, FAB got back with me. Yup they want me to download 9, which I already have both 8 and 9, and 9 has never worked for ripping BD's, so I kept using 8. How do I download the non-U.S. version of 9 from FAB, when I live in the U.S.?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    get anydvd and be done with it
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Well, FAB got back with me. Yup they want me to download 9, which I already have both 8 and 9, and 9 has never worked for ripping BD's, so I kept using 8. How do I download the non-U.S. version of 9 from FAB, when I live in the U.S.?
    Use the Tor browser. https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

And download from here: http://www.dvdfab.cn/
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I installed AnyDvdHd. All I have is 50GB of AVCHD audio-only files. No video present on any of the 203 files. (Star Trek season 1 disc 6).

Can't pay for the version as I only have Mastercard, not Visa. Is this result part of the trial version?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    You shouldn't have AVCHD at all if ripping with AnyDVD HD. You should have the complete Blu-ray structure.

Start AnyDVD HD, right click on the fox icon at the bottom right of the desktop and you will get a pop up window of options. Rip Video DVD to Harddisk will give you the entire Blu-ray in file format. Rip to Image will give you the entire disc on the hard drive as an ISO file.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, I just tried it again making sure I selected "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk"...same thing happened. In the folders BDMV, then STREAM, all I have is AVCHD files with audio-only.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Beside AnyDVD.
    Are you have installed DVDFab or MakeMKV too ?
    'cos AnyDVD conflict with those programs ...FYI
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed, then un-installed MakeMKV because after installation, I had the Blue Screen of Death. I already have a paid lifetime version of FAB 8. I don't get any messages when I open AnyDVD about conflict etc.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!