VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everybody,

It's a complicated question, but I really would like you, who understand or who is strong in this situation can give me a hand please.

Is it possible to show a video from a site but using a different video platform? I know it's not understandable, but for example on internet we can see that it's possible to play a video from youtube but using flowplayer, I believe it's necessary to use the embed code to do this.

Moreover, I've seen many times, people use an embed code of a Purevid video (for example) and play this same video but with flowplayer.

I saw tracks by here and there :
    https://www.sixflags.com/fp/iframe
    http://flash.flowplayer.org/demos/plugins/streaming/youtube.html
    http://flash.flowplayer.org/plugins/streaming/youtube.html

Then, could someone help me or give me more informations about this? if you have a good knowledge about it or if you have done this several times.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those aren't different "video platforms". Those are browser based applications. Flowplayer is simply able to simulate Flash playback. In this case, Youtube is simply the source of the video stream, not the player.

It would help to know EXACTLY what you are trying to do, because I don't follow your example.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by WazaKrash View Post
    It's a complicated question......
    Most questions are not complicated, things are usually made complicated by people want to do things in a way that does not make any sense.

You want to play Youtube videos with a different player, why, for what purpose?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    firstly, thanks for your answers, men.

Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
    Those are browser based applications.
    okay, it's a first step. at first, I don't really understand all this, and you already help me a little, so it's cool, no problem.

You want an even more direct answer? I say as I understand and you "decrypt" it after if necessary.
    I want to play a video from a site, no matter who it is but within flowplayer or maybe jwplayer. and to do this, we must using the embed code or the source code.

Some people take the embed code of a video from purevid and with some method they play the video within flowplayer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you really don't understand the example with purevid, look down ↓

Click image for larger version

Name:	vid.png
Views:	139
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	30128
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	méthode pour ces cons.png
Views:	365
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	30127  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't understand how they can stream a video from purevid to flowplayer.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!