VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay, im new here. hope you dont mind. but i hope someone might read this and help me out, i have pretty much the same problem. its a long story. i downloaded some episodes ranging in 65-100 mb each together in a folder . and they work perfectly but i accidently deleted the folder containing them. and as soon i did . i used system restore to restore to yesterday. but the folder didnt appear and then i used the previous version of the folder and tried to get my files. it only saved 2 resotre points , when i deleted the files. and the second yesterday morning. i could restore to the morning one but none of them had the downloaded files. so i found a software recuva and got my files back from some shadow drive (C) . and all of them were said to be in perfect condition. but when i play it ,it says video and audio format undf . no way of fixing. for vlc player. so i have no idea what to do, and im not much of a expert here. but if you do explain i can still do something. the video format should be H264 MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) and audio format is MPEG AAC audio (mp4a) . i hope you can get me a solution . thank you in advace. and sorry for being such a newbie .

this is what i get from one of the files of the video i downloaded

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Shinan\Desktop\New folder (2)\Xiaolin Showdown S2E22 The Apprentice.flv
    Format : Flash Video
    File size : 105 MiB
    Duration : 21mn 6s
    Overall bit rate : 696 Kbps
    Tagging application : Yet Another Metadata Injector for FLV - Version 1.8

Video
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
    Codec ID : 7
    Duration : 21mn 42s
    Bit rate : 546 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.074
    Stream size : 84.7 MiB (81%)
    Writing library : x264 core 107
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=26.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.41 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 10
    Duration : 22mn 15s
    Bit rate : 126 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 1ms
    Stream size : 20.0 MiB (19%)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    System Restore doesn't "restore" deleted folders/files. And it's not uncommon for data recovery software to "restore" files that are not useable. This usually indicates that data is missing. Data recovery needs to occur immediately before the drive is used for anything. During normal operation, Windows creates and uses temp files (which get written to the HDD) plus whatever other actions were done trying to "restore" the files.

undf = undefined

In other words, the player doesn't recognize the file or it's contents.

Try opening one of the files with mediainfo. If it bombs as well, the "files" are toast.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i did that. and i dont know what im supposed to do after. and most of them show the audio and video format. some dont. they just say video stream and audio stream. and i know its undefinied but i wanna know if there is a way to get it back to the oriiginal format. because the size of the file is same. so i thought maybe there is still a way to get it back. if there isnt its okay. but most of them do say h264 avc and aac audio format. and some videos only show for like a second and then it just blanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The chances for success are very slim. When you delete files the space they occupy on the drive is marked as "free" but the file data actually remains unchanged. When you then start to system restore and revert to old versions and so on you start to write data to the drive and this might cause the deleted data to be replaced with something that corrupts it. Now, you run a recovery program that finds the old files in the file system table and restores the data - but the restored data has already been corrupted - most likely to a state that is beyond repair.. If you had not attempted the system restore and so on you might have had a slim chance of recovering the files, but now it's too late.. You will probably have more success with attempting to find and download the files again.. Good luck, m8..
    I'm the developer behind FFQueue. My posts might reflect this! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!