VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, i've got a question recently i've downloaded the new ati MMC 7.6 from ati for my all in wonder raedon. i've been messing with the settings to try to get a good vcd. I am not using the preset for vcd on stinky's tool. but i've also selected for it to deinterlace, and I am wondering if I should be using that at all? i've been trying settings and only thing i've noticed is that when its checked is things get a little brigher no matter if i'm capturing from vhs, or from my tv tuner. whats everyones experience? should I leave it on? or take it off to get better results. i'm going to be burning the captures to vcd later to play on my dvd player and computer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can only deinterlace if you're capturing with a vertical resolution of 480(NTSC) or 576(PAL).
    Quote Quote  
  3. well I have the option selected and its suppositly doing it while i'm captureing. but if thats the case I should prob take off the option and re-capture vhs?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think (think, now) I know what you're saying...

This option will do no HARM if you're capturing to VCD resolution (352x240 or whatever), because interlace lines are invisible at that resolution anyway... at higher resolutions (480 vertical), it will make progressive frames out of interlaced source. It's actually the only thing ATI MMC does correctly!
    Quote Quote  
  5. yeah, i'm using stinky's tool to force ati to use deinterlacing on vcd. I seem to get a little bit brighter on things and seems ti look better on tv tuner only capture, but on vhs captures i'm not too sure if i'm getting better results. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this and any experience with it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. seems like no one else knows my answer, as I seen lots of views and no responses :( but I think I will try to answer some of my own question

I've been experimenting with using Stinky's tool to force "deinterlacing" on unsupported resolutions. And my results have not been to bad. By using it captureing from my tv tuner I seen to get cleaner captures, and scenes looks a bit brighter. When capture from vhs the mpeg look a lot cleaner then when I don't have it enabled. as those are my results don't know if anyone else has tried experimenting..
    Quote Quote