VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried google and this site and I can not find the answer.
    It does not play them at all. It doesn't even change it's window size when one is opened.
    i7 8 core 3GHz, 16GB DDR4 latest VLC 64bit
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've tried the 32 bit build of VLC and it does not play them either.
    Quote Quote  
  3. More information please.

1. Post a mediainfo report on one of the files.
    2. m2ts can be many things, including part of a spanned clip from a camcorder -- so where did these files come from?
    3. If it's a file directly from a DVR hard drive you will never beat the encryption.
    4. Try MPC-HC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As smrpix says, try MPC-HC. It's the only media player I use in Win 8.1 and no trouble playing compliant m2ts files.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by BirdDaddie View Post
    i7 8 core 3GHz, 16GB DDR4 latest VLC 64bit
    8-cores?

Wow!

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are txt files of the same name (hobbit.m2ts and hobbit.txt) or other files that could be interpreted as subtitle files in the same directory with the m2ts files in question?
    If so try to move the m2ts files in a new empty folder and try again playing.
    That was the reason in my case that VLC stopped plying some of my m2ts files - the txt files were log files from Handbrake.
    You can disable the automatic search for subtitle files in VLC options. that solves the problem.
    You have to switch on "show all options" and the go to video->subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is it just the VLC, or is it every player you try?

If it's every player you try, are you sure you have the proper codecs installed that are needed to play those file types?

Try installing Combined Community Codec Pack (Which I prefer) or K-Lite codec pack and see if it will play then.
    Quote Quote  
  8. VLC does not require codec packs, would suggest you don't install any, rather identify the real problem.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!