VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

I have K-Lite codec pack installed, and the video formats (WEBM, MKV) won't get imported to Adobe Premiere and VirtualDub

Need help please!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub will import them via the ffmpeg input driver.

Never, ever, ever install codec packs..........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have been using K-lite for over 3 years and yet have any problem.
    First you have to confirm if you can play the MKV in a standard player, eg. Windows Media Player/ MPC-HC.
    If you can play those, than it is the issue of application's setting, otherwise clean up the pack and perform a clean install.

Alternatively, see if AviUtl is sufficient for your needs.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Virtualdub will import them via the ffmpeg input driver.

Never, ever, ever install codec packs..........
    I tried uninstalling K-Lite and install ffdshow alone and others, but didn't try ffmpeg.

Will try it now.

Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    I have been using K-lite for over 3 years and yet have any problem.
    First you have to confirm if you can play the MKV in a standard player, eg. Windows Media Player/ MPC-HC.
    If you can play those, than it is the issue of application's setting, otherwise clean up the pack and perform a clean install.

Alternatively, see if AviUtl is sufficient for your needs.
    Yeah they work on all the players i have: VLC, MPC-HC, WMP

I tried reinstalling k-lite with selecting different decoders and options, never worked

will give AviUtl a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the video plays in MPC-HC, then DO NOT mess with the settings of the codec pack. You risk screwing up the setting and end up blaming the codec pack incorrectly.
    PS: Get the K-Lite MEGA Pack if you're doing editing, not the standard pack.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    If the video plays in MPC-HC, then DO NOT mess with the settings of the codec pack. You risk screwing up the setting and end up blaming the codec pack incorrectly.
    PS: Get the K-Lite MEGA Pack if you're doing editing, not the standard pack.
    I'm not blaming anything, been using K-Lite for years with no problems and I'm using the MEGA pack and also you can reset the old settings while performing a new install, so no harm done.

I'm just new with these video formats, never edited them before and they are the only ones not getting imported.

---

I tried ffmpeg and AviUtl, still no luck.
    Quote Quote  
  7. MediaInfo report please.
    may be some odd/old format
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can open WebM in Virtualdub with both Phaeron's Directshow Input Driver and Raytheon's FFMPEG Input Driver.

I recommend anyone using Virtualdub to...

1. Download the latest version of Virtualdub (I use the 32bit test builds since they are the most up to date and support more filters).
    2. Download all of fcchandler's input plugins and place in the appropriate plugins folder (32bit/64bit).
    3. Download and install all of fcchandler's acm codecs (aac, acm and lame).
    4. Download Raytheon's FFMPEG Input Driver (make sure it's the latest version. The ones linked to from our Virtualdub page are from 2012)
    5. Learn how to use filters in blend mode with the curve editor to create transitions and...
    6. Learn how to use the External Encoder feature to encode any file type that is supported by command line encoders with stdin "-" (ffmpeg, x264, x265 , DivX265, vpxenc and more)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!