VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have Roku 2 box...Pc with Plex server . Roku with Plex works great...I can put media files in a folder on computer and view through Plex on the ROKU. I was interested in new channels for my ROKU...so installed some other channels ( unsupported media channels). I added these to my Plex Media Server and they show up as installed channels on the PC PLEX MEDIA SERVER DASHBOARD. When I turn on ROKU box....the channels do not show on the TV. Trying to find out why I have them installed on the Plex server, but not shown on the Roku TV? Video files play just fine from the PC to Roku..just this Plex channel problem. Thoughts
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't install Roku channels into Plex. Install them in your Roku directly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks....what I ended up doing is loading ROKU MEDIA PLAYER as a channel on the ROKU...then pointed to the channels on the Plex Server...works great now. Thanks for droppin by
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not quite what I was saying, but as long as it works. When adding a channel to a Roku, you do it either in the Channel store within the Roku GUI or you do it from the Roku website. If the channels are 'non-approved' or Private, you add them through the site that lists them, often by clicking on an 'Add Channel' button. Not through Plex or the Roku Media Server. I find it faster (more or less immediate) to add them through the Roku Channel Store. It seems to take longer sometimes adding them from the website. Once added you find all your channels at 'Home' on the Roku box, Plex being one of those. At least that's how it is on my Roku3, although they've been making a lot of changes recently.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raybo View Post
    Thanks....what I ended up doing is loading ROKU MEDIA PLAYER as a channel on the ROKU...then pointed to the channels on the Plex Server...works great now. Thanks for droppin by
    But since you've done this in a wrong bassackwards way any way and ignored the advice you were given, you should be aware that Plex makes massive changes all the time and there is no guarantee that doing this will work forever.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK.thanks. Don't matter how ya get to the promised land, as long as ya get there.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!