VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a number of MKVs that I created with MakeMKV to work with my old AV receiver setup, that is I only kept the HD video and HD audio options. I'm looking to get them working direct to my TV using Plex, however the (new) TV doesn't support any of the HD audio formats.

Is there anything out there that will take the MKVs and recreate them as is, also including a downmixed audio track? I really can't be bothered with reripping!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I have and it worked, apart from keeping the original TrueHD track. In the FLAC tab there is an option to 'Preserve original FLAC tracks' that is missing in the TrueHD tab which means I can't create an output file with both the original TrueHD and downmixed track.

I could convert to FLAC and then to DTS in a 2 step process but that seems like a lot of work, plus I'd lose the TrueHD track completely which I don't want to do.

Unless I'm doing something wrong of course.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can remux an MKV with MakeMKV and keep the TrueHD while converting it into a secondary AC3 track as well using a custom profile.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, that sounds good. Any chance of a pointer as to how it would work? Do I just edit the 'Default Selection Rule' string in preferences? Is there any documentation/examples anywhere?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Documentation would be here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4385

A sample would be here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8008#p34177

(That really is the best sample of a MakeMKV profile on the forum, or anywhere as far as I can tell.)

You want to add an AC3 "Output" to each of the TrueHD listings (stereo/multi), add a 5.1 "audiomix" to "multi" and then add +sel:all to their Default Selection Strings (or +sel:true if that makes more sense.)
    Last edited by ndjamena; 4th Feb 2015 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote