VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm adding two sub streams to a letterboxed dvd video (a CC sub, and regular sub), and adjusted the placement to be visible when the video is zoomed in. I noticed on the CC stream that a single line isnt quite so high as when two lines are displayed. The regular sub single line is as high as the top of two lines. I prefer that the single line isnt quite so high, but I dont know what I did in Dvdsubedit to make that happen. Any suggestions?
    Attached overlapping images to illustrate. Top image is CC stream with preferred placement of single line.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cc overlay.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	29985  

Click image for larger version

Name:	reg sub.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	29986  

Quote Quote  
  2. I don't get that with SSA subs, but the single line subs are at the same level as the bottom one of a 2-line pair. Maybe convert yours to SSA? If the ones from the CC are not where you like, you can easily adjust the vertical positioning when using SSA subs to, for example, make them even with the top line of a 2-line subtitle.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2Subs.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	29987  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    these were both in SRT format which I converted to SUP and muxed. I like the CC subs and that a single line doesnt go so high into the picture. More bottom-justified like yours would be better. Is SSA really the answer? Seems like there must be a setting in Dvdsubedit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. With what are you authoring? I believe some authoring programs have the ability to set a vertical position. And if it accepts SSA subs as input then you can, as I said, choose the vertical position (assuming the programs honors what you set) as well as the font.

I don't know if SSA is the answer, but it's certainly one answer. SSA and ASS are the only two with which you can choose all the different styles, unless the authoring program also has the ability.

Or, you can use MaestroSBT to take SSA text-based subs and convert them to SST image-based subs for use in Muxman. It honors the styles you set in the SSA subs, or you can edit them within MaestroSBT as well. Or convert them to SON image-based subs for use in DVDLab-Pro.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I made a dummy menu in TDA 1.6 (that version doesnt have subtitle support), and used PGCedit to replace the dummy with the muxed version. Then dvdsubedit to tweak placement. Guess I'll have to check out those suggestions, unless you know of another in-place editor (like dvdsubedit) which might do the trick.

I guess I could manually enter in a blank line above a single line, but I would think an SRT editor adding a line break could do it.

Figured it out in Dvdsubedit: tick the "flush" box, and adjust the borders rather than the subtitles.
    Last edited by spiritgumm; 2nd Feb 2015 at 19:49. Reason: solution
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!