VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I have a collection of some shows recorded by set top box/dvr/DTH/STB/digitalTV whatever it is called.(. I am not sure if these same terminology are used world wide.) on a pen drive in a .trp format. I have used some of the famous tools including MPEGStreamclip, TsRemux, HC027_10, h264ts_cutter etc but no help.
    Can anybody please help me find what is this .trp strain/type is?
    This attachment root.rar has the sample.
    The files and folders as created by STB/DVR on the root of pen drive . I have tried to maintain the structure created by stb/dvr on the linux partition, and included all the files and folders that may be the supporting files for analysis .
    The main .trp is in the folder \default\HBO1421335361240\HBO1421335361240.trp but i think other files are also required for playing the .trp
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Video news? Nope, I'm moving you to our dvb section.

Can you play any of those trp files? With for example vlc, smplayer, etc.

Many settop boxes uses some kind of encryption so the video only work on the box.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Took a look at it and it appears to be well and truly encrypted.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. the error message while playing the trp with vlc
    main error: option sub-original-fps does not exist
    main error: no suitable demux module for `file/subtitle:///G:/HBO1421335361240//HBO1421335361240.idx'

apart from vlc the other tools that i used includes nero recode, cyberlink powerdvd , videopad from NCH, aiseesoft trp convertor,gom player ,mediaplayer lite and many more(of course all were latest versions available). I used all of these just to get a more specific or verbose error description, but couldn't fish out much.
    I guess some software programmer or the person who has sound knowledge of how video tools work, what is the expected structure of a trp could help.
    I don't think it is TRULY Encrypted , It might just be that the vital parameters of this type of file format are scattered in different files and folders so that it appears as encrypted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the make and model of the PVR?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. The STB is Videocond2h HD

There is also some technical information but I am sure it is absolutely useless

Boot : 3.5
    Loader : version 1
    Hardware id: videocon-d2h
    Download Id : 46
    OS version :Linux_R793
    Application: 1741/1741-1801
    VM version:2.8.027 (Build-2495r_0001)
    custom version: 7111-1741.1
    Release Version: Personal TV ATV2.2 27 21
    Manufacture Id: 9121

one more thing to mention the "irdeto" folder in the attached sample.
    This "irdeto" according to some satellite sites( that i have visited ) is some sort of signal encryption. And I think the STB is storing these signals in raw format as recordings .
    So decryptor tools for irdeto may yield some results.(not sure just speculation.)
    Last edited by Smash_Penn; 4th Feb 2015 at 01:31.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!