VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Didn't do a search, just looking at the forum listings, I don't see one for Home Theaters. I am currently building one and thought it would be of interest to post a bit about it. So, am I just missing it, or is there some place better to talk about Home Theaters?

-Rodger
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is true, there is no home theater forum here. General discussions is probably the best place for posting questions for something like that. Some members here do have a home theater.

avsforum.com has forums for discussing various subjects related to home theaters and game rooms, if you feel your question can only be answered in a dedicated home theater forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I am registered there and actually just made my first post.

-Rodger
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Media Center PC / MediaCenters Forum is where most home theater discussions are. Several members have posted there about their systems.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/45-Media-Center-PC-MediaCenters
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks redwudz, I'll have a look. I will also look at what others have to say about streaming ISO BD 3D to DLP.

-Rodger
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My home theater system is a gigabit LAN between my servers and my PCs. I convert my BDs to `8GB MKVs. (H.264 two pass and AC3 surround at 640Khz.) I use RipBot for this and store the output on the servers. The size was chosen to make it easy to backup to BD media in case of HDD failure in my servers.

For DVDs, I use VidCoder to convert also to MKV H.264 and AC3 surround at 19.5 quality and the files usually come out at around 2GB . Works for me.

H.265 takes a lot more time and though the quality vs size is good, the time involved is too much for me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Here is another forum that you might want to look through: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php

Easy to get lost there
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!