VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    Bug reports and feature requests should be made on the GitHub issue tracker, usage questions should be asked here.

About

StaxRip is a video encoding GUI for Windows, it executes and controls console apps like x265, NVEnc, mkvmerge and ffmpeg and uses the scripting based frame servers AviSynth and VapourSynth for video processing.

Website

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip

Documentation

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip/wiki

Download

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip#download
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_Main.png
Views:	1234
Size:	513.4 KB
ID:	52655  

Last edited by stax76; 23rd Feb 2021 at 23:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    • Enabled raw AAC files input for MP4 container output
    • Fixed framerate being falsely detected as 25 in certain countries
    • Added Haali Splitter, StaxRip asks only to install it if dsmux is enabled (Tools/Settings/Demux) or when MKV output is selected in the eac3to dialog, both is selected and enabled by default and I recommend to keep it so
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello and thank you for the great soft and hard work!

Is there a way to import/transfer Encoder profiles? I made several in 1.2.0.1 and I would like to use them now in 1.2.2.1.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hello,

unfortunately no, adding migration code and testing compatibility would be much work, I can try to be more careful but can't promise too much.

PS: 1.2.2.2 is out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey Stax,

Thanks for creating this wonderful app and sharing it with us. I'm using Staxrip Beta 1.2.2.2 to convert a bluray to MKV with DTS HD MA.
    Staxrip created 2 MKVs. One with DTS HD MA and one with 2 channel stereo. The MKV with 2 channel stereo came in at 27GB and the one with DTS HD MA came in severely undersized at 17GB. I used the X264 encoder with constant bitrate using 18crf. I don't think I did anything wrong but curious nonetheless. Can I upload the log file?

Thanks once again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hello onyx,

I take a PC break for the rest of the month, maybe somebody else can help meanwhile, for posting log files pastebin.com with auto delete after a month is handy.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Would it be possible to add AMD GPU encoding using the AMD Media SDK?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stax,

Great, great software. I am currently working on updating the tutorial I wrote for it.

I noticed the audio settings by default, especially for encoding to lossy audio, have the "Downconvert to 16-bit" option on by default. Most lossy audio codecs can except 24-bit input resolution at least, if not 32-bit. Shouldn't then the "Downconvert to 16-bit" option be un-checked?

Also, thanks for adding the Sync256 sizing option. I was wondering why it hadn't been selected by default (smile)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Would it be possible to add AMD GPU encoding using the AMD Media SDK?
    It should be possible to build a CLI tool but I don't know that one exists or anybody working or planing to work on one.

Great, great software. I am currently working on updating the tutorial I wrote for it.
    Great news, I'm looking forward to read the new version.
    I noticed the audio settings by default, especially for encoding to lossy audio, have the "Downconvert to 16-bit" option on by default. Most lossy audio codecs can except 24-bit input resolution at least, if not 32-bit. Shouldn't then the "Downconvert to 16-bit" option be un-checked?
    I've disabled it for the next version but won't reset the profiles and templates so it won't be visible without manual reset or edit.

Also, thanks for adding the Sync256 sizing option. I was wondering why it hadn't been selected by default (smile)
    Usually I start looking into new things when I notice something is popular or when 2-3 people suggest something, you are the first.
    Last edited by stax76; 23rd Apr 2015 at 07:54.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There will be some possibility that might include the xvidcore or xvid_encraw to encode to xvid? because using ffmpeg I can not to play well in my table dvd, already try a lot of configurations but always looks as if it is cut or pauses , something that with mencoder if I could but not I can hit subtitles using vsfilter. Thanks.
    Sorry if you read wrong, I am using a translator.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm not sure yet, it gets requested often, my problem is there are many tools:

x264 32-Bit 8-Bit
    x264 32-Bit 10-Bit
    x264 64-Bit 8-Bit
    x264 64-Bit 10-Bit
    x265 32-Bit 8-Bit
    x265 32-Bit 10-Bit
    x265 64-Bit 8-Bit
    x265 64-Bit 10-Bit
    xvid_encraw 32-Bit
    xvid_encraw 64-Bit
    ffmpeg 32-Bit
    ffmpeg 64-Bit
    AviSynth 32-Bit
    AviSynth 64-Bit

DivX has a free H265 encoder I could include as 32-Bit and 64-Bit version, there is vpxenc, and other I could include and there are more to come. Some tools support AviSynth, others require piping, building and maintaining all this seem impossible right now!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey everybody,

I've ported StaxRip to 64-Bit, I tried to maintain a 32-Bit version but it showed that it would be too much work to build, too much work to maintain, that it would have too many potential problems and too much complexity. Keeping 32-Bit would have meant spending half my time just for this and making only half the progress in the future.

The only real problem is that many AviSynth plugins aren't available as 64-Bit so I had to remove them, some might come back and for some there will be alternatives.

All applications that don't interface with AviSynth are still 32-Bit, new versions will be 64-Bit.

I'm releasing a first alpha today with following changes:

1.3.0.0 alpha
    • StaxRip uses now AviSynth+ 64-Bit exclusively
    • x265 is 10-Bit only, using 8-Bit is as simple as replacing the executable
    • x264 is 8-Bit only, using 10-Bit is as simple as replacing the executable
    • Hardware encoders don't work currently due to missing avs reading support in the x64 builds
    • All AviSynth plugins except ffms2 and l-smash are gone
    • Fixed audio delay not always shown in main dialog
    • Improved VP9 GUI and default values
    • Updated ffmpeg with new libvpx 1.4 for improved VP9 encoding

AviSynth+ is currently not included and it's currently difficult to install because the installer is outdated and the latest release has only binaries which takes some knowledge to put them in the correct locations.

The outdated AviSynth+ installer is here:

https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases/download/Rel-r1576/AviSynthPlus-r1576.exe

The latest AviSynth+ binary build is here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1711770#post1711770

StaxRip alpha is here:

http://1drv.ms/1GeowiX
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi,

StaxRip ist a great tool. thx for it.

I have a question, i searched a lot, but i have not found any solution or tip for it:

Is it possible to add the AviSynth Commando: AddBoarders to do that, what the tool uncrop do it, a automatic recognition of the resolution of a file and calculate the correkt code for AviSynth, like for example "AddBoarders (0,140,0,140)" for the bluray standard, if the source is 1920x800??

sorry for my english, hopefully you understand what my mention is?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ElSchmidtorado View Post
    Is it possible to add the AviSynth Commando: AddBoarders to do that, what the tool uncrop do it, a automatic recognition of the resolution of a file and calculate the correkt code for AviSynth, like for example "AddBoarders (0,140,0,140)" for the bluray standard, if the source is 1920x800??
    I'm not sure this is a good idea but it's relative simple with AviSynth, in StaxRip right-click the filters menu and choose 'Profiles', now you can define a filter profile like so:

Code:
    [Borders]
    AddBorder1080 =
    	w = (1920 - width) / 2.0
    	h = (1080 - height) / 2.0
    	AddBorders(floor(w), floor(h), ceil(w), ceil(h))
    If you don't want to put code in the filter profiles you can make a function in a avsi file importing it globally via auto load.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AVSI
    Quote Quote  
  15. thx a lot, i imported the avsi and this solution works great!! thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1.3.0.3 alpha (2015-04-27)
    • Fixed Win8/Win10 crash
    • Added AviSynth+ v0.1.0 r1779 installer

1.3.0.2 alpha (2015-04-26)
    • Added xvid_encraw 1.2.0.0
    • DivXH265 encoder added
    • AVSMeter stays open when finished
    • 15 plugins are now integrated

1.3.0.1 alpha (2015-04-26)
    • StaxRip uses now AviSynth+ 64-Bit exclusively
    • x265 is 10-Bit only, using 8-Bit is as simple as replacing the executable
    • x264 is 8-Bit only, using 10-Bit is as simple as replacing the executable
    • Hardware encoders don't work currently due to missing avs reading support in the x64 builds
    • All AviSynth plugins except ffms2 and l-smash are gone due to missing x64 version, RgTools, SangNom2 and checkmate added
    • Fixed audio delay not always shown in main dialog
    • Improved VP9 GUI and default values
    • Updated ffmpeg with new libvpx 1.4 for improved VP9 encoding

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0u4028jkjwkk6ja/StaxRip_1.3.0.3_alpha.7z
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now that you have the option of xvid_encraw, finally I can well play the videos on a dvd, the only detail is that I can not set 2 passes, but is that is still in development. It really is a great program
    Quote Quote  
  18. I see the change log says that the DivXH265 encoder was added but I don't see any option to choose it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    When I force to reset defaults people loose all their settings, many users have expressed discomfort with this. When I don't reset settings people cannot see new defaults.

There are 2 options to see a new default, reset the profiles altogether or adding a single profile with the add option in the profile editor.

It's a general and common problem with settings. Most people hardly understand this concept and many other advanced concept in StaxRip.

I plan a new concept where the current defaults can always be seen without the need to reset user settings, the concept is similar to what sublime text does, that's where I got the idea from.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I got a problem with the audio i'm using avisynth scripts it says "avisynth is out of date" yet i have avisynth 2.6 MT !?
    Otherwise Nvenc work like a charm i was tired to use mediacoder (too much ads), i'm back to that good ol' staxrip

Also in the instructions it's not clear where to install it for the 64 bit version i mean i guess prog files (not x86)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I got a problem with the audio i'm using avisynth scripts it says "avisynth is out of date" yet i have avisynth 2.6 MT !?
    For 1303 you need AviSynth+ 64-Bit, if you have 2.6 MT you shouldn't even have 64-Bit AviSynth and StaxRip should force you to install so I don't understand exactly what's wrong, the needed AviSynth installer is however included, you can find it in the Tools directory.

Otherwise Nvenc work like a charm i was tired to use mediacoder (too much ads), i'm back to that good ol' staxrip
    The hardware encoders with GUI currently don't work because the 64-Bit tools have no avs reader, I can pipe from ffmpeg to the encoder so there will be a solution shortly.

Also in the instructions it's not clear where to install it for the 64 bit version i mean i guess prog files (not x86)
    Generally it's never a good idea to put a portable tool like StaxRip in Program Files because you can never know if a portable application writes to it's startup directory which Program Files won't permit unless you disable UAC which again is never a good idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by arielacade View Post
    Now that you have the option of xvid_encraw, finally I can well play the videos on a dvd, the only detail is that I can not set 2 passes, but is that is still in development. It really is a great program
    Hi, you can create a profile with the command lines below (the CLI encoder supports multiline and piping) or wait for the next build which has it included.

Code:
    "%app:xvid_encraw%" -smoother 0 -max_key_interval 250 -nopacked -vhqmode 4 -qpel -lumimasking -notrellis -max_bframes 1 -bvhq -bquant_ratio 162 -bquant_offset 0 -threads 1 -i "%avs_file%" -pass1 "%working_dir%%target_name%.stats" -bitrate %video_bitrate% -par %target_sar% -turbo
    "%app:xvid_encraw%" -smoother 0 -max_key_interval 250 -nopacked -vhqmode 4 -qpel -lumimasking -notrellis -max_bframes 1 -bvhq -bquant_ratio 162 -bquant_offset 0 -threads 1 -i "%avs_file%" -pass2 "%working_dir%%target_name%.stats" -bitrate %video_bitrate% -par %target_sar% -avi "%encoder_out_file%"
    Last edited by stax76; 28th Apr 2015 at 10:44.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    For 1303 you need AviSynth+ 64-Bit, if you have 2.6 MT you shouldn't even have 64-Bit AviSynth and StaxRip should force you to install so I don't understand exactly what's wrong, the needed AviSynth installer is however included, you can find it in the Tools directory.
    Stupid me i should've known better
    For the audio i get: " error avs to flac/wav using ffmpeg" exit code 1
    the audio source is a wave file
    Also i can't edit the AAC bitrate, i don't know why
    staxrip 1.2.2 beta
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'll investigate it if you mail me a log file with problem description. Is there are particular reason why you are not using StaxRip 64-Bit?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    I'll investigate it if you mail me a log file with problem description. Is there are particular reason why you are not using StaxRip 64-Bit?
    Because i'm not using avisynth 64bit (which i believe is bugy)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Because i'm not using avisynth 64bit (which i believe is bugy)
    What kind of bugs did you experience?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey everybody, here is a new release I was working on:

1.3.1.0 beta
    • Added QTGMC, masktools2, mvtools2, RGTools and nnedi3
    • Added new AviSynth editor
    • Added new macros: fps, fpsnum, fpsden, temp_file is now everywhere used where previously %working_dir%%target_name% was used
    • Added DGDecIM integration
    • Added 'Hardware Encoder' resize filter to AviSynth filter profiles which does nothing with AviSynth but enables the Quick Sync resizer
    • Added option to audio context menu to play audio together with the AviSynth script
    • Added possibility to use different settings directories for StaxRip 32-Bit and StaxRip 64-Bit
    • Added x265 options --qpstep and --qg-size
    • Updated ffms2 which fixes a critical memory leak
    • Updated AVSMeter to version 2.0.0
    • Updated AviSynth+ to version v1825
    • Updated XviD to v1.3.3
    • Updated x265 to v1.6+298
    • Updated hardware encoders supporting 64-Bit avs reading
    • Enabled dsmux to handle any kind of TS
    • Improved frame rate detection by using fpsnum and fpsden parameters on FFVideoSource and LWLibavVideoSource instead of AssumeFPS which did not work with some interlaced sources
    • Forced subtitles from DVDs are now added automatically but only if the forced subtitle is the language of the current locale and maximum one forced subtitle is added and the subtitle is added with a forced flag

http://www.mediafire.com/download/daxdakah0n71hpu/StaxRip_1.3.1.0_beta.7z

It handles all TS with DSMux which is a experiment, before DGDecode was used but 64-Bit DGDecode don't work on Win8/Win10, this also means VOB files cannot be opened, it's anyway better to rip with MakeMKV and open mkv. There are probably other methods to process VOB, maybe it's time to retire DGMPGDec altogether.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi Stax, this is a great program you've made. Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm getting an audio out of sync problem with one dvd. I'm converting a number of seasons of a TV show. The first four seasons and a couple discs of season five have gone just fine. I can convert the first episode on this disc and it is correct, but when I go to do the second episode, or any episode after the first, the audio is ahead by about a second.

The delay in the audio settings is -211ms. Is there any way I can figure out why the audio is off / how I might determine the proper value? I added a 1000ms delay myself and it is close but still looks a bit off to me.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using 1.2.2.2 beta.

Edit2: I tried out Handbrake, selected the right title, and the audio was in sync for it. I'm using Staxrip because it is the easiest way that I have found to cut out sections that you do not want to encode. I'm removing the ~30 second intro that every episode has.
    Last edited by falcon42; 3rd May 2015 at 14:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hello falcon, with DVDs there are two common reasons for async audio, please first try MakeMKV for ripping if you don't already do this, this will eliminate a common reason for async audio, that's one of the reasons why I suggest MakeMKV as preferred ripping method.

If you don't want to use MakeMKV alternatively you can open the VOB files with DGIndex and trim the beginning with DGIndex, you can create then d2v or m2v with DGIndex and open d2v or m2v with StaxRip.

If you already were ripping with MakeMKV then you probably have NTSC and the async audio is caused by ffms2 (FFVideoSource), in this case I'll show you another method.

What's the problem with the intro? Batch processing would be much easier.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I have been using AnyDVD for the ripping but I'll give MakeMKV a try. And yes these are NTSC DVDs.

I don't think I could do batch processing since the intro always varies where it starts. Opening credits is probably the better choice of words. I just don't want to have to watch that when I'm watching several episodes in a row. Yes I know, I'm picky!
    Quote Quote