VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Thread
  1. I'm having an issue when I start encoding the encoding GUI freezes. It does continue to encode but even once it finishes (as CPU usage goes down) it never un-freezes.

I have tried setting process priority and tried a few different versions to no avail. Any advice?

Edit: Turns out that setting the log level as 99 for one of the vs plugins I was using causes the issue. Possibly due to that GUI not being able to handle so much text?
    Last edited by Prismo; 10th Feb 2024 at 17:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi to all,
    i'm planning to move from intel Quicksync to AMD VCE using the new Ryzen 8700G. But i've heard that Encoding Quality on AMD isn't as good as on Intel.
    What do you think?

Thanks for opinions/experiences,
    maus
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Maus Lallo View Post
    Hi to all,
    i'm planning to move from intel Quicksync to AMD VCE using the new Ryzen 8700G. But i've heard that Encoding Quality on AMD isn't as good as on Intel.
    What do you think?

Thanks for opinions/experiences,
    maus
    It's hard to say. There is not much updated information. It also matters what codec you are using?

The most recent comparison I could find with x265 was CodeCalamity AMD Reintroduces the B-Frame and based on that and older sources it does seem to be a bit worse.

Also what purpose are you encoding for? Since you are using StaxRip I imagine you are not using it for streaming which is what GPU encoders are designed for. In general, GPU encoders don't have full implementations of the codecs they support. They are usually missing many important features that allow for higher efficiency (storage size to quality). Encoding is a highly sequential task where as GPUS are designed for the highly parallel task of rendering. For full codec implementations you need to use software encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I downloaded StaxRip v2.37 complete and wanted to unpack it over my recent installation, using the Far Manager 3.0 with ArcLite plugin. It reported an incompatible compression method for the ARM64 files. I had to unpack the archive with the separate 7zip archiver v24 beta.
    Quote Quote