VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Lynx_TWO View Post
    Good Morning!

I am currently attempting to use this with StaxRip x64 and Vapoursynth.

Code:
    clip = havsfunc.SMDegrain(input = clip)
    The above works as default settings, but when I attempt to add any arguments, such as:

Code:
    clip = havsfunc.SMDegrain(input = clip, contrasharp=true, refinemotion=true, lsb=true)
    I get an error:

Code:
    Python exception: name 'true' is not define
    Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "vapoursynth.pyx", line 1467, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:24719)
    Just wanted to followup, these lines work well for de-noiseing using VapourSynth:
    Code:
    SMDegrainHD = clip = havsfunc.SMDegrain(input = clip, tr=3,prefilter=2,thSAD=400,blksize=16, overlap=8, contrasharp = True)
    Code:
    SMDegrain = clip = havsfunc.SMDegrain(input = clip, tr=3,prefilter=2,thSAD=400,blksize=8, overlap=4, contrasharp = True)
    -for blocky sources-

Code:
    Deblock = clip = core.deblock.Deblock(clip, quant=30, aoffset=2, boffset=2)
    Also, some of the resize filters are broken in the current version of StaxRip due to the changes. Spline resize is now either:

http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/functions/resize.html

Code:
    Spline16 = clip = core.resize.Spline16(clip, %target_width%, %target_height%)
    -or-

Code:
    Spline36 = clip = core.resize.Spline36(clip, %target_width%, %target_height%)
    Sadly, it looks like they ditched the Sinc resize algorithm
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is there a way to resume an encoding? my computer restarted due to an update while i was sleeping. takes 14 hrs for my old pute to encode with 2 pass.. It was almost done 80% i woke up and compuer was shut down, so is there a way to resume? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by TrenxT View Post
    Is there a way to resume an encoding? my computer restarted due to an update while i was sleeping. takes 14 hrs for my old pute to encode with 2 pass.. It was almost done 80% i woke up and compuer was shut down, so is there a way to resume? thanks.
    Currently there is no way to resume... The software would need to keep track of the last frames encoded, along with all the information needed to encode the next frame, in addition to the information taken from each pre-processing plugin you were using, along with the ability to keep frame-accurate track of the original input, then apply all the above information to start encoding the next frame, THEN seamlessly splice it all together. Not to mention it would technically have to do this for every frame, which I imagine would require a lot of overhead. Theoretically anything is possible, but probably a massive amount of coding and forethought involved... What do you think Stax?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    The AviSynth and Python syntax seem to be identical so I should be able to enable it easily, furthermore I investigate if users possibly could contribute to the definitions for instance by moving it to a external file.
    stax, did you ever get anywhere on this? I think I read somewhere else where the author said it wasn't implemented.

Here's the background, I've been converting a number of (animated) TV shows on DVD. I had a script I liked in AVISynth but it was slow. So far I've been unable to port it to AVISynth+ due to missing plugins. I did manage to build and equivalent VapourSynth script and overall I've been quite happy with it.

The problem I've had is a growing number of my conversions go radically out of sync. It is, I believe, due to Pulldown flags. These are mixed progressive/interlace and if pulldown flags are ignored they go drastically out of sync.

My first success was with DGSource, but that is not natively supported in StaxRip so I had to index each rip manually (with Honor Pulldown Flags set) and update each script manually to use DGSource and reference the correct dgi file, but obviously this is quite tedious.

Looking at the documentation it appeared my solution was rffmode=1 with ffms2.Source, but that generates the lovely error "vapoursynth.Error: Source: Function does not take argument(s) named rffmode"

The other option is DGdecodeNV which I have, but appears not to support Vapoursynth unless I'm missing something.

This is with Staxrip 1.3.2.0, VS R31, and the bundled ffms2 (2.20 from the docs)

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My first success was with DGSource, but that is not natively supported in StaxRip so I had to index each rip manually (with Honor Pulldown Flags set) and update each script manually to use DGSource and reference the correct dgi file, but obviously this is quite tedious.
    DGDecNV 2050 works with VapourSynth but not 2051 because of a stupid dispute between the authors.

VapourSynth has some AviSynth plugin interoperability I believe but I never tried it.

Looking at the documentation it appeared my solution was rffmode=1 with ffms2.Source, but that generates the lovely error "vapoursynth.Error: Source: Function does not take argument(s) named rffmode"
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1730376#post1730376
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    DGDecNV 2050 works with VapourSynth but not 2051 because of a stupid dispute between the authors.
    So I saw that, but when I try 2050, I get the following error:

"Python exception: No entry point found in D:\StaxRip x64\Apps\dgdecnv2050\x64 Binaries\DGDecodeNV.dll"

This is Vapoursynth R31.

Yup that's exactly the thread I saw, was hoping there might have been some change.

For what it's worth, this is the DGDecode that does work for me in VS and StaxRip, however I have to do the indexing and manually change every script:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=166399
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I believe my 2050 has worked in VapourSynth.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-gPKiJYuKuIRGUxckdyQU5DUkE&usp=sharing

For what it's worth, this is the DGDecode that does work for me in VS and StaxRip, however I have to do the indexing and manually change every script:
    it can be automated I believe:

Tools > Settings > Demuxing
    Tools > Settings > Source Filters
    Filters > Menu > Profiles
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Sure enough, that 2050 is not the same as what is available officially today. But that does appear to work, so thank you very much.

-edit, I spoke too soon, that actually crashes staxrip now (VapourSynth Editor as well).

it can be automated I believe:

Tools > Settings > Demuxing
    Tools > Settings > Source Filters
    Filters > Menu > Profiles
    I will have to take a look at that.

Thanks for the great support and great program!

-edit2

OK, so I made a new Demuxer, called it DGIndex, have it listed for (264, h264, avc, mkv, mp4 -> dgi). I moved it to the top of the Demuxer list.
    Looking at the source filters settings, I don't see a way to add a new one, I can add a new row, but the dropdown list doesn't is fixed.
    Regardless of that, I changed the profile to use the D2V filter for "DGSource", so that is inserted correctly into the script.

However when I open a source file now with this setup, it does not call my new demuxer, it doesn't seem to know that this source needs to be indexed. It demuxes the audio/subs/chapters from the MKV, but then just jumps straight to trying to open the graph without ever indexing.
    Last edited by stanger89; 11th Mar 2016 at 16:04.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using StaxRip to take a relatively large clip (2 hours in length) and trimming out a 1 minute portion (or possibly even just a few seconds). If I don't want to include the corresponding audio for the 1 minute of video, then the encoding process goes quickly. But if I want to include the audio then the process takes a relatively long time.

Is there something I can do differently? I am creating the small 1 minute clip by selecting the appropriate region using the video preview (if there is a way to add the Trim() filter manually, I can't find it). This is the portion that is consuming all the time:

Code:
    Output #0, ipod, to 'C:\folder\filename.m4a':
    Metadata:
    fileSize        : 2136030661
    audiochannels   : 2
    encoder         : Lavf57.19.100
    Stream #0:0: Audio: aac (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, 163 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:1 -> #0:0 (copy)
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    size=      18kB time=00:00:02.98 bitrate=  49.5kbits/s
    size=      28kB time=00:00:04.65 bitrate=  49.4kbits/s
    size=      38kB time=00:00:06.31 bitrate=  49.5kbits/s
    size=      57kB time=00:00:07.97 bitrate=  58.8kbits/s
    size=      84kB time=00:00:09.64 bitrate=  71.5kbits/s
    size=      94kB time=00:00:11.30 bitrate=  68.1kbits/s
    size=     104kB time=00:00:12.97 bitrate=  65.6kbits/s
    It will continue like this until the entire audio stream is processed. I'm not enough of an expert here, but it doesn't look to me that it is creating something like a cache or index (which would give me hope that I could this time consuming step once and not for every 1 minute clip that I want). I think I need to give an explicit instruction on where to stop and start encoding from, and the "Trim(a,b)" filter in my filter list is not doing that for audio like it does for video.

(Cutting the audio without re-encoding would also be fine, it makes little difference to me.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @stanger89

There is a bug why the indexer don't start, it starts only when the source filter is empty, the problem is I added comments to the manual and automatic filter, maybe I'll include the d2v filter in the next build.

@Ein

Please post the full log file to www.pastebin.com and enable auto expire after 30 days.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the full log file:

http://pastebin.com/j4hwaFux

The "Demux audio using ffmpeg" section is the part that takes a long time (32 minutes).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It looks OK except for the long time of course.

If you have time you can create a ticket here:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org

As workaround you can try to remux to mkv using mkvtolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, how about that - it works just fine if the input is a .mkv file. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anybody had issues with StaxRip only producing 192Kbps 96 Quality in HE-AAC encoded by QAAC? No matter what settings I give it (ex: Quality 127/Bitrate 500) it will only output 192Kbps 96 Quality.

Screenshots attached.
    Full log can be found on Pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/i0gRGmT2

StaxRip x64 1.3.3.1 Beta
    Windows 10 x64
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio Settings.png
Views:	1703
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	36222  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Main Box.png
Views:	1549
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	36223  

Last edited by pwnograffik; 18th Mar 2016 at 20:57.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I think QAAC simply does not allow more than 192 kbps HE-AAC for 5.1 48kHz audio. (see qaac.exe --formats)
    Last edited by sneaker; 18th Mar 2016 at 15:13.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I disabled High Efficiency mode and it's accepting my bitrate now. I wasn't aware that HE-AAC is mainly for lower bitrates.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hello stax76 . Sorry to bother but there is a feature that would pretty much solve all my problems with automation on Stax.

Using event commands, I would like to run a stax command (choosing different profiles) depending on the output of a program.
    This program would receive as a parameter a json (or whatever) with all the possible criteria data, as well as the event command's name.

Do you think this would be feasible?
    Thank you very much for the great software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hello Fidelix, please create a ticket on the tracker and describe the issue as good as possible, I should be able to help you, it might take a while though since currently I don't program a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Done. Thanks man.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I uploaded a new stable release hoping actually not having missed a critical issue. Have fun.

StaxRip x64 1.3.4.0 Stable

New Features
    • support for 3 or more audio tracks added to the muxing dialog
    • code preview added to filters menu and script preview renamed to code preview in script editor
    • added a command line switch -show-dialogs:bool and project option 'Show all dialogs when invoked from CLI', by default dialogs are not shown when StaxRip receives CLI arguments
    • yadifmod2 plugin for AviSynth added
    • TComb AviSynth plugin added
    • auto crop plugin replaced with new internal routine supporting both AviSynth and VapourSynth
    • better subtitle support for m2ts container
    • decoding options added for AMD encoder
    • larger x265 custom command line TextBox
    • x265 new switch added --rc-grain
    • the encoding options dialogs for x265, AMD, Intel and NVIDIA have now an option to display the full command line
    • new ffmpeg encoder output options 'H.264 NVIDIA', 'H.264 Intel', 'H.265 Intel', the currently used ffmpeg built doesn't yet support NVIDIA
    • video encoder profiles added for all encoding codecs StaxRip supports for ffmpeg: 'VP9', 'Xvid', 'ASP', 'Theora', 'H.264 Intel', 'H.265 Intel', 'H.264 NVIDIA'
    • ffmpeg decoding option -threads added, multi-threading is enabled by default but not recommended for dxva2 decoding and maybe for hardware decoding in general
    • VapourSynth QTGMC parameters TFF and Preset added to menu
    • more source and target parameters are now shown in the main dialog
    • in the scripting editor there is a Join feature to join all filters into one
    • QTGMC 3.33 for AviSynth
    • profiles can be saved from the x265/AMD/Intel/NVIDIA/ffmpeg encoding options dialogs
    • added shortcuts and Export to CSV to MediaInfo Folder View (Tools > Advanced)
    • added C# (Roslyn) and PowerShell scripting support. Scripts can be started at main menu > Tools > Scripts. There are commands in the command line, main menu and event commands to execute script code or script files.
    • three VapourSynth filter profiles added based on std.SetFieldBased
    • added user contributed script 'Convert Bluray (BT709) to 10bit 400nits (MaxFALL) HDR (rev2)'
    • in the options dialog the subtitles to auto load can now be defined with both two and three letter code, this is useful for people more familiar with three letter codes, both can be mixed, for undetermined previously 'iv' had to be used, now 'und' can also be used.
    • added setting to scale the UI to a custom factor
    • many new switches added to Intel Quick Sync encoding GUI for QSVEncC
    • many new switches added to NVIDIA encoding GUI for NVEncC
    • added option to set audio default stream

Fixed Bugs
    • fixed window freeze in eac3to dialog happening when eac3to fails on the input.
    • fixed showing filter selection dialog even if the source is vpy or avs
    • fixed StaxRip trying to auto correct the script even if the source is avs or vpy
    • fixed StaxRip recalculating the video bitrate even when the fixed bitrate option is used
    • avi muxer supports two audio tracks now
    • in some cases the two audio output file paths were identical
    • moving subtitles up and down wasn't working correctly
    • the new mp4box update should fix a bug many people reported
    • fixed editing dates in apps dialog not working with Persian calendar
    • fixed crash using ' character in file paths using VapourSynth
    • fixed inaccurate right and bottom magnifiers in crop dialog
    • fixed Python installed by miniconda not being detected
    • cropping values were multiplied by 2 using NVEncC
    • fixed subtitle size detection
    • fixed preview not fitting on screen under some conditions
    • fixed some issues opening avs or vpy as source file
    • added new source filter avisource.AVISource for VapourSynth, it can open avi and avs files
    • the filter selection dialog has now automatic options for both AviSynth and VapourSynth. For avs sources it shows also an option for VapourSynth since VapourSynth's AVISource can open avs files
    • d2vsource added to VapourSynth
    • fixed wrong font used pasting code in code editor
    • in the media info folder view (Tools > Advanced) the context menu functionality did not work for sub folders
    • in same situations it wasn't possible to close the crop dialog due to an script error, now the message box showing the error has an additional exit button
    • fixed High DPI scaling bug in the navigation bar of the x265 dialog
    • in case the audio or subtitle source file is mkv the original stream title was muxed even if it was deleted in StaxRip
    • line indentation wasn't preserved for multiline filter profiles

Tweaks
    • better error handling when the source is vpy or avs
    • when loading an audio file without language info the language of the audio profile/stream stays instead of being changed to undetermined
    • improved changelog
    • cutting with VapourSynth is now possible without AviSynth being installed (the audio cutting code was using AviSynth)
    • The info in the preview looks better and is readable regardless of the current background
    • source filter preferences in the settings dialog under Source Filter to configure which source filter should be used for a given file in case the source filter in the project is called Automatic is now also available for VapourSynth, with this VapourSynth support in StaxRip should be on par with AviSynth support making both scripting engines first class citizens
    • x265 tune grain defaults updated
    • improved bitrate calculation
    • The media info dialog shows the file size now also in mega byte instead of giga byte only
    • removed ffmpeg writing long build info to the log file
    • Video Comparison shows now indexing progress
    • added version or at least change date and x86 or x64 to every app in the apps dialog
    • set font to Consolas 10 in scripting editor
    • the checked list controls of the event command and jobs dialog were replaced with themed controls, in the jobs dialog multi select and Ctrl+A and Delete shortcuts are supported
    • besides detecting the python location of the regular setup and miniconda setup StaxRip now also searches in the PATH and Path environment variables for python

Updated Tools
    • AviSynth+ 1841
    • AVSMeter 2.2.0
    • ffmpeg 2016-03-10
    • fmtconv (vs) 20
    • mkvtoolnix 9.0.1
    • mp4box 0.6.0
    • mvtools (vs) v13
    • NVEncC 2.05
    • QSVEncC 2.45
    • x264 2692
    • x265 1.9+140
    • yadifmod2 (avs) 0.0.3

Download

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/releases
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi, I used staxrip for a long time and when I see the new version I download it but doesn't work, when I start the prgram it crashed. I have installed all the program required but I always got this:
    Quote Quote  
  22. Quick Question Whats with all those Dll files in the main directory?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @auramasda

So far all reports on this were on Windows 7, .NET 4.6.1 should fix it.

@Revan654

They are all only needed for C# scripting, also C# scripting is the only reason why .NET 4.6.1 is needed instead of 4.5. Requiring the newest .NET version is not a big issue, the next big Windows 10 update this summer will include it anyway. All those big DLLs bother me too, when I started to code the C# scripting feature I did not know I will need a newer .NET version, nor did I know so many big DLLs will be needed, 2 or 3 of them are probably not really required. Maybe C# scripting is a bit over the top and powershell scripting would be sufficient, I'm not sure, it's still somehow a cool feature which sets StaxRip apart making it more powerful. Personally I pinned StaxRip to the start menu so I'm not seeing the DLLs often.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    @auramasda

So far all reports on this were on Windows 7, .NET 4.6.1 should fix it.

@Revan654

They are all only needed for C# scripting, also C# scripting is the only reason why .NET 4.6.1 is needed instead of 4.5. Requiring the newest .NET version is not a big issue, the next big Windows 10 update this summer will include it anyway. All those big DLLs bother me too, when I started to code the C# scripting feature I did not know I will need a newer .NET version, nor did I know so many big DLLs will be needed, 2 or 3 of them are probably not really required. Maybe C# scripting is a bit over the top and powershell scripting would be sufficient, I'm not sure, it's still somehow a cool feature which sets StaxRip apart making it more powerful. Personally I pinned StaxRip to the start menu so I'm not seeing the DLLs often.
    Ok, thanks for info. I had new version running without any of the dll files on my system. I just wanted curious if I needed them or not.

Noticed their allot more open space when you first open the app,When you open a video file you get more info on the file in the main window. That's going take a bit getting use to, Still use to the old way of the file being read.

Atlease I hope that how it's suppose to look.

Still one best encoding software I have used, better then allot of the paid programs too. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what future holds for this encoder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It looks like there is a scaling problem with the assistant group box.
    Quote Quote  
  26. When I try using ffmpeg Intel H.264, Two pass, I get error:

------------------------------------------------------------
    Encoding H.264 Intel using ffmpeg

C:\PROG\staxrip-beta\Apps\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -threads 1 -i D:\NFS-SHARE\Video\Les.Aventuriers.1967_temp\Les.Aventuri ers.1967.h264.avs -c:v h264_qsv -pass 1 -b:v 1732k -f mkv -an -y -hide_banner NUL

Input #0, avisynth, from 'D:\NFS-SHARE\Video\Les.Aventuriers.1967_temp\Les.Aventuri ers.1967.h264.avs':
    Duration: 01:52:58.73, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo (I420 / 0x30323449), yuv420p, 720x304, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 23.98 tbc
    [NULL @ 00000000007b9120] Requested output format 'mkv' is not a suitable output format
    NUL: Invalid argument

Error Encoding H.264 Intel using ffmpeg

Encoding H.264 Intel using ffmpeg failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

The exit code might be a system error code: STATUS_WAIT_1

The exit code might be a system error code: Nem megfelelõ funkció.

Input #0, avisynth, from 'D:\NFS-SHARE\Video\Les.Aventuriers.1967_temp\Les.Aventuri ers.1967.h264.avs':
    Duration: 01:52:58.73, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo (I420 / 0x30323449), yuv420p, 720x304, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 23.98 tbc
    [NULL @ 00000000007b9120] Requested output format 'mkv' is not a suitable output format
    NUL: Invalid argument
    Staxrip: 1.3.4.0
    Container type: N/A (same result with MKV)
    Last edited by sajtipajti; 30th Apr 2016 at 02:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hi,

problem is -f mkv, latest test build use -f rawvideo, I have however doubts that h264_qsv support two pass
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone! I'm trying to convert a h264 mkv video to h265 mkv, i'm using last build StaxRip and nvenc with my gtx 970. I want to encode to main 10 profile 10 bits, but i don't find where set this...

Anyway, can anybody say me what it's the best configuration on Staxrip to do this?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hey all

Anyone knows how to add a filter called "asharp" to StaxRip!?

Many thanks for helping
    Quote Quote  
  30. I am a new user and I struggle getting staxrip to output variable bitrate x265 (and h.264) within a preset window (200-800kb)

Also I need to cut videos but the default preview option is no good user interface on my windows touchpad.
    It there a plugin or do I use a different program?

Did download all the videohelp h.264 editing programs...

I need help, please!

ps.
    Any good analytical way to equate source video quality presurvation, to low disk space convertion?
    Quote Quote