VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Thread
  1. First glance: You configured the new output fps using numerator 60 and denominator 60 which would result in a frame rate of 1 fps. (no clue if there are other issued, I stopped watching the video at that point)

source: https://mathmonks.com/numerator-and-denominator/numerator
    (side note: I have no clue about StaxRip, but I know fractions. )
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to fix/replace a single frame in a video using staxrip

Damaged frame

Video sample
    sample.rar

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm not a StaxRip used, but DeSpot, SpotLess, KillerSpots, RemoveDirt(MC) are all be able to fix such a small glitch, I suspect that StaxRip should, out of the box, probably at least support one of them, if not you could still modify the Vapoursynth or Avisynth script,..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I'm not a StaxRip used, but DeSpot, SpotLess, KillerSpots, RemoveDirt(MC) are all be able to fix such a small glitch, I suspect that StaxRip should, out of the box, probably at least support one of them, if not you could still modify the Vapoursynth or Avisynth script,..
    Thanks for reply Selur, non of those filter comes by default with staxrip, I'll see if the program allows me to add any of them and try scripting
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CarlOtto View Post
    Windows 10 interrupt the download because a virus detection (probably a false positive), here is the report
    Code:
    Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml
    Date: 2/8/2023 20:45
    webfile: C:\Users\X\Downloads\StaxRip-v2.25.0-x64.7z|https://objects.githubusercontent.com/github-production-release-asset-2e65be/185859151/9e9d090d-4892-4c07-a1c0-3b496ed0908d?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIWNJYAX4CSVEH53A%2F20230802%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20230802T234402Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=0e18887a6b2e6d481da70d8296f580ea709a20a2152d01773ea07713afe358da&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&actor_id=0&key_id=0&repo_id=185859151&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3DStaxRip-v2.25.0-x64.7z&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream|pid:5532,ProcessStart:133354934912682068
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is something inside archive , 3 antivirus software blocked it
    Quote Quote  
  7. non of those filter comes by default with staxrip
    https://staxrip.readthedocs.io/generated/tools.html mentions G41Fun.SpotLess (for Vapoursynth)
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bemx2k View Post
    There is something inside archive , 3 antivirus software blocked it
    Ikarus - Malware.Win64.Coinminer
    Sangfor Engine Zero - Trojan.Generic-Script.Save.4070dcd9
    VirIT - Trojan.Win64.MSIL_Heur.B

It's almost always false positives if 3 antivirus apps reports 3 different viruses/trojan/malware. If they all report same virus you might be worried.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I am new to staxrip and encoding
    Any newbie gudie for doing the encoding for the video
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to replace only this frame

With this one

Is there any way to do it with staxrip?
    Quote Quote  
  11. did you try Spotless?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Selur! How do I use it in staxrip? Sorry for the dumb question but I'm totally ignorant with avisynth. I use Staxrip out of the box. 0 skills for scripting.

I know it uses mvtools2 and medianblur2, both dll's are in staxrip and I have already put the script in the AVS folder, but when I try to use it with the default parameters Staxrip says "there is no function called Spotless".
    Last edited by TGB; 11th Sep 2023 at 14:15.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I've started to get the following error whenI try to run a batch job in staxrip. I can run single jobs of one file just fine.

unexpected character "["
    (C:\_Apps\StaxRip\Apps\Plugins\AVS\Scripts\MasksPa ck.avsi, line 88, column 11)

How do I resolve this? I haven't altered MasksPack.avsi in any way.
    Last edited by LaserBones; 18th Sep 2023 at 01:24.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Del
    Last edited by hevron; 17th Sep 2023 at 11:27.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi

I got a few questions about Staxrip

1. What would be the best "source" choice between FFVideoSource (default), FFM2, LWLibAvVideoSource and L-Smash? I don't understand the pros and cons in term of quality, speed, features, compression etc. for encoding .mkv of anime in x265 (from Bluray remux) (or maybe DGDecodeNV as i have an nvidia GPU?)

2. Is it possible to use Anime 4K and/or Esregan as upscaler and/or sharpener?

3. Finally, I see a lot of choices of filters in StaxRip but it's very complicated to find comparison online about each filters and their pros/cons, especially on anime
    For anime (1080p) what are the best filters to use for each of these categories?
    - Upscaler
    - Sharpen
    - Anti-Aliasing
    - Denoise
    - Degrain
    - Deblock
    - Dehalo
    - Dering
    Also, do the order of filters matter?

I know, some will say "it depends on the anime" but by "best" I mean the filters the brings a mix of "good enough (visible improvement vs the source file) + not too slow + versatile (fit for most anime)

Thanks in adavnce for the help
    Last edited by Awman; 29th Sep 2023 at 20:11.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I just need to apply spotless to only 1 frame, does anybody knows how to do it?. I'm able to load spotless on Staxrip (thanks Salur!) but don't know how to apply it only to a specific frame. the clip has 153144 frames in length and the frame that I want to fix it's the n° 22921.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi everyone, I'm a new user here and I've been using staxrip for a very short time and I wanted some clarification on how to set the parameters.

First of all I'm using NVencC 265/10 encoding to make it faster.

I generally use the CQP encoding in the first "basic" setting and enter QP as desired until I find the right one. And I also set AQ (spatial) auto for some grain and blocks on dark scene.

Today I wanted to try VBR encoding and set the bitrate to 5000 for 1080p videos and see the result.

But in the "Rate Control" setting I discovered that there is a "Constant Quality Mode" option and I wanted to know the behavior of staxrip with and without that option set.

That is, I wanted to know what it is for and when to use it.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have a problem with staxrip and some denoise filters, every time I try to load smdegrain or mdegrain I get the following error
    Code:
    Script Error

Cannot load file 'C:/Apps/StaxRip-v2.30.0-x64/Apps/Plugins/AVS/AviSynthShader/Shader-x64.dll'. Platform returned code 126:
    The specified module could not be found.
    The file Shader-x64.dll exist and it's exactly in the path mentioned in the error.
    I tried with staxrip 2.28 that worked perfectly in the past with these filters but now I get the same error, also tried with the latest version v2.32 but it happens the same also.
    Any idea of what could be happening? I'm using staxrip in Windows 10 64bits.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Tools > Settings > General > Show template selection when loading new files

When enabling it, and upon opening a file I'm expecting a dialog to appear allowing me to choose a preset, it doesn't? Is there something else that needs to be enabled for this to work, can anyone confirm this feature works for them plz? TIA.

Edit: v2.34.0 and its hotfix are released.
    Code:
    https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip/releases

StaxRip-v2.34.0-x64.7z - 338 MB

StaxRip_v2.34.0_Hotfix.zip - 893 KB

There was a annoying bug that caused a crash when a specific project was saved.
    If you've downloaded the release before, just use the hotfix to replace StaxRip.exe.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by NuŠleus; 28th Jan 2024 at 07:00. Reason: v2.34.0 release info added.
    Quote Quote  
  20. how do i make a 4/3 video that has bars on each side full screen? i bought Macgyver bluray ripped em to straight mkv files with makemkv im not sure what settings to change? mediainfo says its 16/9 but when i play it on my tv there is black bars on each side and cant change ratio to fill the screen
    Last edited by leo5150; 9th Feb 2024 at 11:47.
    Quote Quote