VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    I am blind. Where to find this dialog?
    In the right bottom of the main dialog there is an Edit button right to the audio profile menu, this button opens the audio dialog which has a Language option, change this language option to the language you want and save a project template to make the change persistent.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you, stax, got it.
    Last edited by Bob.Dig; 20th Jun 2020 at 15:55.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Preferred Languages in the options dialog is what automatically gets demuxed.

What language will be detected and used is defined in the Language field of the audio dialog.
    well that did not happen in previous versions
    doing tests with the same movie in the previous version and I get Spanish as the first language has nothing to do with the order in which I demuxed

regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Stax76, new version cant output to prores, same errors as described here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369913-StaxRip/page14#post2586682

tried several videos/formats with and without filters applied, with different source filters, converting to other formats like mp4 works.
    Can you help? Thanks
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi stax76, here's the 2 logs that pop up
    https://pastebin.com/KcPajjJ1
    and
    https://pastebin.com/dnipFmRu

beta version
    https://pastebin.com/WRh8n5U9
    and
    https://pastebin.com/2fmQ7UkB

Thanks for your help.

only happens when converting to prores.
    Last edited by ricardouk; 22nd Jun 2020 at 14:53.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am blind. Where to find this dialog?
    In the right bottom of the main dialog there is an Edit button right to the audio profile menu, this button opens the audio dialog which has a Language option, change this language option to the language you want and save a project template to make the change persistent.

now if it worked thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @ricardouk

I've not really an idea what could be wrong, the same settings work on my system. Do other ffmpeg codecs work with the same avisynth script?

You can try VapourSynth:

Filters > Filter Setup > VapourSynth

Is it not possible, that staxrip uses its own version of avisynth instead of the "global" one? Especially with Avisnyth+?
    I found a way, it's supported in the last beta.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ricardouk
    Do other ffmpeg codecs work with the same avisynth script?
    i set it up with other ffmpeg codecs and the same error happens, if i select other codecs "non ffmpeg" it works

@ricardouk
    You can try VapourSynth:
    Filters > Filter Setup > VapourSynth
    That works, mctemporal denoiser altough a lot slower does a better job than FF3DFILTER on my videos.

Thanks Stax76 hope it helps solving the problem. If you need further testing tracing the problem let me know or send PM.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you, I will give it a try asap.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @ricardouk

When you've used staxrip 2.1.3.4 was the included portable avisynth enabled in the settings?

In the apps dialog it finds the included portable avisynth?

You can try to disable all filters except the source filter and you can try different source filters.

Maybe somebody with a similar CPU (AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core) can try to reproduce it.

Problems that are not reproducible by a developer often are very difficult to find.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Avisynthshader avsi and dll are detected, check status under tools displays ok for all tools, avisynth and vapoursynth are enabled in the settings menu.

Ive tried with different source filters with and without extra filters, last time i used staxrip it was required to install avisynth but i think we dont have to install it now but whenever ffmpeg and avisynth combo is activated it doesnt work.

This is a fresh windows install and i think i disabled vbscripts execution, could that affect staxrip?

In the temp folder created by staxrip i can never find an avs script, if the avs is created before "feeding" it to ffmpeg it should be in the temp folder, if i use vapoursynth i can find the script among all the other temp files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    out of curiosity i just tried and same thing happens when i use Hybrid... sorry for mentioning other software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This is a fresh windows install and i think i disabled vbscripts execution, could that affect staxrip?
    No

install it now but whenever ffmpeg and avisynth combo is activated it doesnt work.
    It's however specific to your system, here it works with portable avisynth, I've not installed avisynth.

In the temp folder created by staxrip i can never find an avs script, if the avs is created before "feeding" it to ffmpeg it should be in the temp folder, if i use vapoursynth i can find the script among all the other temp files.
    This sounds like a problem, I investigated the code and couldn't find an explanation for this.

out of curiosity i just tried and same thing happens when i use Hybrid... sorry for mentioning other software.
    No problem, you mean it also fails to create prores?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes, but no problems with vapoursynth... whenever using avisynth it displays an error about stats file not being created and output being to small but i havent tried further.

In staxrip whenever vapousynth is used i can see a vapoursynth script inthe popup window, when i try avisynth it never displays anything...just error
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it might not be anything...when using avisynth if i click on encoder configuration i see at the bottom:

-c:v prores

when using vapoursynth i see:

-f vapoursynth -c:v prores

im not a coder just trying to help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Found out a fix... left click in staxrip.exe and choose run as administrator...if done that way it works, do we need to run staxrip that way when using avisynth?

Closed staxrip and opened it and tried again without choosing running in admin mode and it works fine now, checked the staxrip.exe file properties and its not being run in "admin mode"...guess that running it once in "admin mode" fixed the problem...just strange since this OS only has one account and its an admin account.

Hope it helps Stax76
    Thanks..if you need further testing im available.

Edit:
    i was using the beta version so i tried the stable version without using "admin" and same error appeared, went in to the ffmpeg folder left click ffmpeg and choose to run it in admin mode always, tried again and following message appeared but after that it started to work without problems:

Code:
    A operaįão pedida necessita de elevaįão
    rough translation by me: requested operation needs elevation

Code:
    File: C:\Portable\Staxrip\Apps\Encoders\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe
    Arguments: -i C:\Users\Utilizador\Desktop\testeclip_temp\testeclip.avs -c:v prores -an -y -hide_banner C:\Users\Utilizador\Desktop\testeclip_temp\testeclip_out.mov
    Last edited by ricardouk; 23rd Jun 2020 at 17:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe your system blocks soft links, they are needed for portable avisynth because ffmpeg blocks default DLL loading (from PATH). You can try to install AviSynth 3.6.1 x64 vc redist. Then in the staxrip settings disable portable avisynth (Tools > Settings > General > Portable AviSynth...), the very last step must be restarting staxrip. You need to use the last staxrip beta 2.1.3.5.

If you change system settings or install applications you don't understand then it's not a surprise when your system is not working correctly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe your system blocks soft links, they are needed for portable avisynth because ffmpeg blocks default DLL loading (from PATH). You can try to install AviSynth 3.6.1 x64 vc redist. Then in the staxrip settings disable portable avisynth (Tools > Settings > General > Portable AviSynth...), the very last step must be restarting staxrip. You need to use the last staxrip beta 2.1.3.5.
    Thanks for your help Stax76, one of the reasons of this new windows install is to avoid installing to much software, it works now.

If you change system settings or install applications you don't understand then it's not a surprise when your system is not working correctly.
    The only thing i changed was disabling vbsscript execution, no windows 10 privacy apps etc etc.

Once again thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey @stax, seems not to work for me.

[Attachment 53954 - Click to enlarge]

But the vaporsynth thingy still works good, so no need to do anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bob.Dig View Post
    Hey @stax, seems not to work for me.

[Attachment 53954 - Click to enlarge]

But the vaporsynth thingy still works good, so no need to do anything.
    You need to enable Developer Mode in Windows Settings in order to avoid the soft link creation failure issue when you don't have an installed AviSynth+ on your system.

If it's not enabled, you need admin privileges in creating soft links.
    In that case, you will see errors when you launch StaxRip in the user mode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    You need to enable Developer Mode in Windows Settings in order to avoid the soft link creation failure issue when you don't have an installed AviSynth+ on your system.

If it's not enabled, you need admin privileges in creating soft links.
    In that case, you will see errors when you launch StaxRip in the user mode.
    Thank you, didn't know that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bob.Dig View Post
    Lately (2.1.3.0) I had a problem with one DTS track. Encoding it with the Opus-preset made a horrible sounding track, tried it three times. Encoding it with the AAC-preset worked fine.
    Btw, had this happened again (2.1.3.6), no error message but track got totally destroyed by the opus encoder, AAC takes much longer but it always works. Just to let you know.
    Code:
    Audio #2
    ID                             : 3
    Format                         : DTS
    Format/Info                    : Digital Theater Systems
    Codec ID                       : A_DTS
    Duration                       : 1 h 41 min
    Bit rate mode                  : Constant
    Bit rate                       : 1 509 kb/s
    Channel(s)                     : 6 channels
    Channel layout                 : C L R Ls Rs LFE
    Sampling rate                  : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate                     : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
    Bit depth                      : 24 bits
    Compression mode               : Lossy
    Stream size                    : 1.06 GiB (10%)
    Language                       : English
    Default                        : No
    Forced                         : No

And while I'm at it, VOB-files do crash the source-filter. If I am manually selecting ffms2 before, this doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Bob.Dig; 25th Jun 2020 at 11:52.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    Thanks for the tip, that was the same error i was having but since my OS is not in english it wasnt displaying the softlink error message, left clicking in staxrip.exe and choose run as administrator just once also worked, i prefer to leave the "install from any source" option disabled.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Is there a way to bring back x265 chunks option under the "other" tab? every beta release after the last stable one has lost the oprion
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by apt1506 View Post
    Is there a way to bring back x265 chunks option under the "other" tab? every beta release after the last stable one has lost the oprion
    It's relocated to Input/Output.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by apt1506 View Post
    Is there a way to bring back x265 chunks option under the "other" tab? every beta release after the last stable one has lost the oprion
    It can be found easily with the search tool at the left bottom of the dialog.

Or if you see an option in the command line preview at the bottom of the dialog and want to change it, you can right-click the option and select a menu item to search for the option.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Thanks Jkyle and Stax
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi stax76.
    Been converting some videos (no audio) to prores and is there a way to use the temp video file as the final exported video?

for example:
    staxrip converts a video and creates a 28gb video (mov) temp file and after the conversion it remuxes it again to creates the final 28gb exported video, both temp and final video are identical.
    Quote Quote