VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hello Stax and others. I haven't used StaxRip in a while. I want to use it for re-encoding of TV recordings an I really like the QTGMC deinterlacer, but... it seems to bring in Audio delays and I think even more with more cutpoints. I also can see that Staxrip is not using the CPU fully. I wonder why this is. Never the less, great program and nice that you still keeping it up stax.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Stax,
    I have two questions for you and I hope you help me.

I've encoded a video with NVIDIA H.265 (GFX 1050) in the Staxrip program and the results are as in the image

The format profile is: Main 10@L5.1@Main, it is possible to encode with high profile? --> Main 10@L5.1@High

Second question: why in Mediainfo do not appear "Encoding settings" ??

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    a) Is it necessary to have a "High Profile" result? This doesn't increase the encoding efficiency very obviously; it mainly decreases the playback compatibility as it demands a more powerful minimum decoder feature set. I would be glad that the encoder decided: A Main Profile compatible decoder is sufficient to play this result.

b) An auxiliary encoder settings string is stored by x265. Possibly not by NVENC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    a) Is it necessary to have a "High Profile" result? This doesn't increase the encoding efficiency very obviously; it mainly decreases the playback compatibility as it demands a more powerful minimum decoder feature set. I would be glad that the encoder decided: A Main Profile compatible decoder is sufficient to play this result.

b) An auxiliary encoder settings string is stored by x265. Possibly not by NVENC.
    Thanks for the answers, then I will proceed with this profile.
    Would you suggest settings for best quality video using nvenc nvidia ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    For best quality, I would not recommend using NVENC at all; x265 will be superior in many cases.

I, personally, can't use NVENC anyway, I do not own any suitable luxury hardware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    x265 will be superior in many cases.
    actually in each case. NVENC is really good for streaming only, and for people in hurry.
    There is no encoding setting because all you setting up in NVENC is 1. quality (HQ, LQ ...) and average bitrate and max bitrate. That is all. No bframes are there.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    actually in each case. NVENC is really good for streaming only, and for people in hurry.
    There is no encoding setting because all you setting up in NVENC is 1. quality (HQ, LQ ...) and average bitrate and max bitrate. That is all. No bframes are there.

Bernix
    Then x265 is higher than NVenc but using the CPU the encode takes 4 days for an movie di 100 mins.: so in x265 there is the possibility of encode using Cuda cores?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    no, because there is disadvantage of using more cores in compression. Don't know exact number, but ?36? and more (now just guessing). It is same in Cuda, there is plenty of units. Check this site for disadvantage to convert to x264/x265 with high numbers of cores even if is using b-frames. It wouldn't be hard to find this topic.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    no, because there is disadvantage of using more cores in compression. Don't know exact number, but ?36? and more (now just guessing). It is same in Cuda, there is plenty of units. Check this site for disadvantage to convert to x264/x265 with high numbers of cores even if is using b-frames. It wouldn't be hard to find this topic.

Bernix
    Hello,
    thanks, I checked various topics of this site. Then using NVenc is not entirely recommended and Nvida graphics cards are used primarily for games 3D.
    To speed up times using the x265 encode require powerful cpu and large amount of memory, right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    it depends on your opinion. Just at same bitrate you cant compare nvenc265 and x265. Nvenc is used mainly for streaming video. It is very fast and quality/bitrate is for computer and internet speed very very reasonable. You can see it also in OBS studio for capture video and stream it also. But in quality (if you are not using 35MB/s for 720p video) I mean that if you do not spend a lot of unreasonable bitrate to video, so Nvenc cant competite with x265 quality. You can use x265 on slower computer too. With reasonable settings and resolution. My friend convert Full HD 1920x1080 on core i7 with speed 4 frames per second. He has a nvidia 1080 graphic card to add, but dont use it to encode video. This settings is unacceptable for slower computer.
    But I have to repeat, if you are satisfied with nvenc result size and quality, everything is o.k. Just saying you can get same quality with much less bitrate in x265. Or at same size with much different quality (at reasonable bitrate).
    I also used NVENC 265 for encoding very long video with resolution 720p, got smaller file than original video very fast and quality was acceptable. Maybe because source was AVC and it was not real life video. But I believe I can get much smaller size using x265. At the plenty of time penalty.

Edit Obs studio is using only nvenc 264

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 25th Oct 2017 at 10:58.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I believe the best recommendation to speed up x265 is not to slow it down unnecessarily... A fast CPU may help, AVX2 support will help as well; but most important, don't use a too slow preset from the beginning. Enough bitrate will preserve quality better than more efforts to diminish the loss of too little.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello guys,

Im trying to find a solution for my needs of not having to edit the code manually every time in the DGSource filter.

This is where I have to edit the code manually every time.
    https://imgur.com/9jNVGyw

What I want to accomplish is deleting the following from the code
    SelectEven().AssumeFPS(25)

So the final result I want is this
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/kLI6qkSh.jpg

I have tried to edit the profile (by right-clicking and selecting profiles) but no changes seem to be applied.

I assume that the following lines are the ones that I should edit, but still now changes are made.
    Code:
    AssumeFPS Source File = AssumeFPS(%media_info_video:FrameRate%)
    AssumeFPS... = AssumeFPS($select:msg:Select a frame rate;24000/1001|24000, 1001;24;25;30000/1001|30000, 1001;30;50;60000/1001|60000, 1001;60$)
    SelectEven = SelectEven()
    Is there any way for me to get the results I want in some other way?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  13. i hope someone can help,as this is doing my head in - how can i keep hdr when encoding my 4k hdr files - all encode fine just no hdr when done :/
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search PM
    Getting an error using NVEncc with StaxRip
    Error
    avs: invalid colorformat.
    Failed to open input file.
    AVS+ script
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (Portable)\dgdecnv\x64 Binaries\DGDecodeNV.dll")
    DGSource("I:\xxxxx.dgi", fieldop=0, fulldepth=true)
    Generated CMD line
    "C:\Program Files (Portable)\StaxRip\Apps\NVEnc\NVEncC64.exe" --vbrhq 38400 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 5.1 --output-depth 10 --weightp --ref 5 --gop-len 24 --lookahead 32 --qp-init 1 --max-bitrate 38400 --vbr-quality 25 --aq --cuda-schedule auto --colormatrix bt2020nc --colorprim bt2020 --transfer bt2020-10 --mv-precision q-pel --cabac -i -o W:\TEMP\%source_name%_temp\_out.h265
    Added the input string to the blue section of the command line and still get the same error.
    Can any one see where I went wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to StaxRip but having an issue reading a network share folder I setup that holds my backed up bluray folders.

Errors out saying its got to be a 'C:' drive for source.

Tried creating a linkage but no luck!

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Error
    AVS+ script
    NVEncC supports only 8 bit for AVS input. If you must use DGSource then you can use VPY input.

Also, it would be worth asking Rigaya if he can support full depth for AVS input.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by videoh View Post
    Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Error
    AVS+ script
    NVEncC supports only 8 bit for AVS input. If you must use DGSource then you can use VPY input.

Also, it would be worth asking Rigaya if he can support full depth for AVS input.
    Already did at his GitHub
    Changed over to Vapoursynth and still no go
    I'll bring it up at the NVEncC github post
    Quote Quote  
  18. "still no go"

When you provide no useful data, there can be no useful response.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search PM
    Using Vapoursynth to try to process a UHD video
    script is
    import vapoursynth as vs
    core = vs.get_core()
    core.avs.LoadPlugin(r'C:\Program Files (Portable)\dgdecnv\x64 Binaries\DGDecodeNV.dll')
    clip = core.avs.DGSource(r'D:\#TEMP\xxxx.dgi', fieldop=0, fulldepth=True)
    clip.set_output()
    error report from StaxRip
    Code:
    Error Video encoding using NVEnc 3.23 (1.7.0.4)

Video encoding using NVEnc 3.23 failed with exit code: -1073741819 (0xC0000005)

The exit code might be a system error code: The instruction at 0xp referenced memory at 0xp. The memory could not be s.

------------------- Video encoding using NVEnc 3.23 -------------------

"C:\Program Files (Portable)\StaxRip\Apps\NVEnc\NVEncC64.exe" --vbrhq 38400 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 5.1 --output-depth 10 --weightp --ref 5 --gop-len 24 --lookahead 32 --qp-init 1 --max-bitrate 38400 --vbr-quality 25 --aq --cuda-schedule auto --colormatrix bt2020nc --colorprim bt2020 --transfer smpte2084 --mv-precision q-pel --cabac -i "W:\TEMP\KONG SKULL ISLAND_temp\KONG SKULL ISLAND.vpy" -o "W:\TEMP\KONG SKULL ISLAND_temp\KONG SKULL ISLAND_out.h265"

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Video encoding using NVEnc 3.23 failed with exit code: -1073741819 (0xC0000005)

The exit code might be a system error code: The instruction at 0xp referenced memory at 0xp. The memory could not be s.

------------------- Video encoding using NVEnc 3.23 -------------------

"C:\Program Files (Portable)\StaxRip\Apps\NVEnc\NVEncC64.exe" --vbrhq 38400 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 5.1 --output-depth 10 --weightp --ref 5 --gop-len 24 --lookahead 32 --qp-init 1 --max-bitrate 38400 --vbr-quality 25 --aq --cuda-schedule auto --colormatrix bt2020nc --colorprim bt2020 --transfer smpte2084 --mv-precision q-pel --cabac -i "W:\TEMP\KONG SKULL ISLAND_temp\KONG SKULL ISLAND.vpy" -o "W:\TEMP\KONG SKULL ISLAND_temp\KONG SKULL ISLAND_out.h265"

at StaxRip.Proc.Start() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\Proc.vb:line 338
       at StaxRip.NVEnc.Encode() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Encoding\NVEnc.vb:line 82
       at StaxRip.GlobalClass.ProcessVideo() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\GlobalClass.vb:line 225
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Invoke>b__0()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at StaxRip.GlobalClass.ProcessJob(String jobPath) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\GlobalClass.vb:line 137
    If I run
    Through the command line The error is Vapoursynth failed to open input file

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  20. It all works fine for me with:

import vapoursynth as vs
    core = vs.get_core()
    core.avs.LoadPlugin(r'D:\Don\Programming\C++\DGDecNV\DGDecodeNV\x64\Release\DGDecodeNV.dll')
    clip = core.avs.DGSource(r'D:\tmp\gonca\clip.dgi', fieldop=0, fulldepth=True)
    clip.set_output()

NVEncC64.exe --vbrhq 38400 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 5.1 --output-depth 10 --weightp --ref 5 --gop-len 24 --lookahead 32 --qp-init 1 --max-bitrate 38400 --vbr-quality 25 --aq --cuda-schedule auto --colormatrix bt2020nc --colorprim bt2020 --transfer smpte2084 --mv-precision q-pel --cabac -i "clip.vpy" -o "clip.265"

You must have some path problem or something missing. Check it all again.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search PM
    I checked the vapoursynth script with Vapoursynth Editor
    Test the script and it reports it is good
    Tried its preview player and it plays fine.
    I might be reaching a bit but do you have a 4k display hooked up to your computer?
    I wonder if the fact that I have a 1080p display on the computer might be affecting NVEncC

Edit
    I tried a 1080p file with a vpy script and it works properly.
    Its only when I try to use the 4k file that I have problems
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search PM
    I tried a 1080p file with a vpy script and it works properly.
    Its only when I try to use the 4k file that I have problems
    Tested this theory with a slight change to the script
    import vapoursynth as vs
    core = vs.get_core()
    core.avs.LoadPlugin(r'C:\Program Files (Portable)\dgdecnv\x64 Binaries\DGDecodeNV.dll')
    clip = core.avs.DGSource(r'D:\#TEMP\KONG SKULL ISLAND.dgi', fieldop=0, fulldepth=True, resize_w=1920, resize_h=1080)
    clip.set_output()
    The encode started properly, I aborted the job after a couple of minutes
    Quote Quote  
  23. Running out of GPU or system memory?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search PM
    Should be neither
    GTX1080Ti
    and 32 GB of system Ram
    Without resizing the encode will not start
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search PM
    This script uses the highest res I can get

import vapoursynth as vs
    core = vs.get_core()
    clip = core.avs.DGSource(r'D:\#TEMP\KONG SKULL ISLAND.dgi', fieldop=0, fulldepth=True, resize_w=3836, resize_h=2158)
    clip.set_output()
    GPU and system ram does not appear to be an issue
    Quote Quote  
  26. Working fine here with 4K resolution. No 4K monitor.

You are just running NVEncC64 without staxrip, right? Keep it simple for now. So doing that, specifically, what error message does NVEncC64 give you. Show us the entire text.

Also, what versions of Vapoursynth and NVEncC64 do you have?

Here's what I get:

NVEncC (x64) 3.25 (r683) by rigaya, Nov 26 2017 20:23:22 (VC 1900/Win/avx2)
    OS Version Windows 10 x64 (16299)
    CPU Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz [TB: 4.41GHz] (4C/8T)
    GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (28 EU) @ 1582 MHz (388.31)
    NVENC / CUDA NVENC API 8.0, CUDA 9.1, schedule mode: auto
    Input Buffers CUDA, 36 frames
    Input Info VapourSynthMT r40(yv12(16bit))->p010 [AVX2], 3840x2160, 24000/1001 fps
    Last edited by videoh; 14th Dec 2017 at 12:23.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Would be a shame if there was a bug in the decoder just even not supporting optimal resolutions. Some revisions of Nvidia PureVideo chipsets had such issues in the past...
    __

I am convinced now that this was simply a wrong speculation. In no way was it intended as insult against Nvidia.
    Last edited by LigH.de; 18th Dec 2017 at 00:46.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search PM
    Updated to version 3.23 and it seems to be working fine now
    Running test encode to make sure it all works fine
    The version I was using, 3.22, was the first to have the import VUI feature for HDR
    Upon looking over the GitHub it seems there were some issues, some being finally resolved in latest version 3.26
    Thank you everyone that helped
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search PM
    Read the info for a change
    There is no Dec bug

Rewrite of history complete Baldrick?

A neutral Swede helping a German
    History (WWII) repeats itself

Gonna ban me too?
    Last edited by gonca; 24th Dec 2017 at 10:37.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hi,
    I have strange problems encoding Nero AAC 5.1 (with eac3to). 9 of 10 the result is OK bit approx. every 10th mediainfo shows random nonsense channel mapping like

Channel(s) : 2 channels / 6 channels / 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R / , Side: 5, Back: C / , Side: 5, Back: C

instead of normal 5.1 mapping:

Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

sometimes encode again helps at 1st time, sometimes I had to reencode 3-5times to get good results.

Any idea?
    Quote Quote