VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi everyone! I'm trying to convert a h264 mkv video to h265 mkv, i'm using last build StaxRip and nvenc with my gtx 970. I want to encode to main 10 profile 10 bits, but i don't find where set this...
    If there isn't a option then it's not supported, StaxRip supports 100% of all available switches of x265, NVEncC and QSVEncC.

Anyone knows how to add a filter called "asharp" to StaxRip!?
    It's not available for x64 so can't be used in StaxRip.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Staxrip supports 10bit x264 and bit x265.
    But for somereason its in a different menu then the usuall codec one.
    Its also not in the staxrip itself preference.

I know its true but cant say where exactly.
    To my nusance I forgot and then postponed my converting.

The option really does seem to be hidden for god knows why.

Also, over at handbrake they release a x265 bit 12 dll file wich only works with handbrake nightly.
    Sadly on for 64bit as 32 bit has a memory problem.
    Also I read ffdshow is 12bit capable both reading and writing. Encoding did have low amount of parameters....
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Delibit

x264 10-Bit is rather new so you might need the latest test build.

It's for both codecs in the exact same location:

x264 options > Basic tab > Depth

x265 options > Basic tab > Depth
    Quote Quote  
  4. staxrip 1.2.2.2

tools\settings\system
    2 first options are x264,265 both @ 8bit ,select 10 bit option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Last release had too many and big issues so I made a new release hoping for more luck:

v1.3.7-stable (2016-06-14)

New Features
    • added new QSVEncC switches
    • added support to use network drive as temp folder
    • added yadifmod for VapourSynth. Due to popular request I didn't reset the filter profiles, to make the default filter profile for yadifmod available the filter profiles must be manually reset in the filter profile editor.
    • added new command SaveJpgByPath to preview dialog which can be used to customize the menu to save a jpg file to a fixed path without the file browser showing, the path can contain macros.
    • added taskbar progress support

Fixed Bugs
    • fixed the check for enough free space on the disk of the target file, instead of three times the source file one time is now enough
    • fixed crash StaxRip checking for enough free space in file batch mode and if target directory is network share
    • fixed Umlaute don't work on Windows 7
    • fixed many avs/vs scripts are created when the target file name is changed by typing
    • fixed feature to run jobs in new instance and changed the behaviour of this feature in that when the jobs complete the instance exits without overwriting the settings

Updated Tools
    • QSVEncC 2.51
    • yadifmod (VapourSynth) r9

https://github.com/stax76/StaxRip/releases
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello,

Is there any trick how to start StaxRip 1.3.7. other than unpack and run?
    Starting with version 1.3.4. it does not work on my Win7 Pro x64 any more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2usit10.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	37418

Is there any cure or do I need to install some libraries here?
    1.1.9, 1.3.1 and 1.3.2. all work no problems.

List of files in "root" folder of the archive contains several DLLs now - that was not the case in the past with Stable archives.
    Also there is a LICENSE.TXT file with profanities, something that did not exist in earlier versions of StaxRip.

Thanks for considering this question and let me know do I need to upload certain log files etc for your reference.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @simm74

The stack trace was enough to tell me what's wrong, the root problem is the settings file deserialization (loading) fails, there is exception handling implemented which is supposed to load the default settings but it's buggy due to .NET unable to call TaskDialog from the main form constructor. You have to delete the settings file or wait for the next build which will reset the settings to defaults. I cannot tell you why the file don't load, maybe it's corrupted, according to missing reports and personal experience it's something that happens extremely rarely.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @simm74

If you still have the problem I can upload a test build which addresses this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi,

Has anyone got even close to X265 CPU Encoding using X265 NVEnc? I use 10bit X265CPU Encoding with Stax and get fantastic quality & small filesize (to me the whole point of X265) but with NVEnc I find I have to more than double the bitrate to get similar results which also results in a much larger filesize. My frustration is that I have a GTX 1060 Extreme which can plough through at 800 Frames Per Minute on NVenc and an I7 at 10 Frames Per Minute, it would seem that there is no middle ground that can be reached? I see that 10bit is now available with NVEnc but cannot find that option in Stax? Just after everyone's personal opinion/experience on this?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Is it possible to add a PNG watermark with irregular border and transparent background to a x264 8bit file?
    And if its possible, can it be done to a batch of similar videos?
    logo piudolce.png
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by mbc0 View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone got even close to X265 CPU Encoding using X265 NVEnc? I use 10bit X265CPU Encoding with Stax and get fantastic quality & small filesize (to me the whole point of X265) but with NVEnc I find I have to more than double the bitrate to get similar results which also results in a much larger filesize. My frustration is that I have a GTX 1060 Extreme which can plough through at 800 Frames Per Minute on NVenc and an I7 at 10 Frames Per Minute, it would seem that there is no middle ground that can be reached? I see that 10bit is now available with NVEnc but cannot find that option in Stax? Just after everyone's personal opinion/experience on this?
    nvenc does not use Multicoreware's x265, which is a software encoder. It has a hevc hardware encoder that is supposed to give comparable quality to x264 ultrafast, which is truly an amazing technological feat by nvidia. They are very close. By the next generation, it should be a reality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hi Together,

I'm still breaking, trying to learn dancing and flying, trying to learn to read and write real and differ rent code and mails, Big ups to the VideoHelp and doom9 community helping to evolve our tools and the things we love.

See You
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1.3.8.9 unstable test build:

LSFmod 1.9
    havsfunc 23
    aWarpSharp2 2016-06-24
    VCEEncC 2.0
    nnedi3 (avs) 0.9.4.31
    VC++ Runtime 2015
    AviSynth+ 2290
    x265 2.1+25
    ffms2 2.23
    QSVEncC 2.57
    NVEncC 3.01
    MKVToolNix 9.5.0
    qaac 2.61
    avs2pipemod 1.1.1
    VapourSynth 34
    MediaInfo 0.7.89
    L-Smash-Works (avs/vs) 911
    yadifmod2 (avs) 0.0.4-1
    KNLMeansCL (avs/vs) 0.7.7
    nnedi3 (vs) 10
    x264 2721
    ffmpeg 3.1.5
    mvtools2 (avs) 2.7.1.22
    MP4Box 0.6.2 current snapshot

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/blob/master/md/test-build.md
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi,

I've been using StaxRip for a while now to convert my video library to HEVC using the NvEnc video encoder and think it's great.

However, I'm stuck on something. Hopefully the answer is easy (?) - I would like to use the tool to point at folders of videos of varying bitrates and say, "convert these to HEVC using VBR2, set bitrate to 50% of source bitrate". I see menu items like "50% / 60%" under Size in the GUI, but they're always greyed out, even for CBR and CQP? I've given up on that.

Now I'm looking at adding a CSX script to just jam the bitrate onto to the encoder command-line using app.ImportVideoEncoderCommandLine("--vbr2 NNNN"); But somehow I need to read in the source video bitrate before I can format the string NNNN to. I think I see how GlobalClass & GlobalCommands are mapped to the Scripting.App object, but can't find a method to read the video bitrate so that I can do some math on it, etc.

Am I going about this wrong? Are there any more extensive examples available somewhere? Is there an easier way?

Thanks to anyone who can help and thanks for creating this nice tool, Stax76.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Doesn't %video_bitrate% macro in Filter Profiles do what you wish ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by luigizaninoni View Post
    Doesn't %video_bitrate% macro in Filter Profiles do what you wish ?
    thanks for the suggestion. From what I can tell, the %video_bitrate% macro refers to the target bitrate set in the GUI. I need the source video bitrate. I think %media_info_video:<NAME>% might work but I haven't figured out the correct field name string for <NAME> to get at the bitrate parameter.

Ideally I'd get this as a parsed native integer ready for math and not a "15 MB" or other MediaInfo display string that I'd have to evaluate. (?)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Perhaps you could extract it from the Staxrip_log that is created for each new source, which contains a field such as
    Bit rate : 3 237 Kbps
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by luigizaninoni View Post
    Perhaps you could extract it from the Staxrip_log that is created for each new source, which contains a field such as
    Bit rate : 3 237 Kbps
    I may need to do this after all. I debugged StaxRip a bit and %media_info_video:BitRate% should work but doesn't. My guess is that this is because macros resolve before the file is loaded. However this doesn't make sense since it would make the whole %media_info_% set of macros useless.

@Stax, any suggestions?

EDIT: Ok, I figured this part out. The first parameter to Scripting.App.WriteLog() is a header field, which doesn't get macro processing. Calling Scripting.App.WriteLog("BitRate", "Video BitRate = %media_info_video:BitRate%"); returns a nice, easily parsible string. Also only triggering the script on event 'Before Project Encoding' helps too

UPDATE: Ok, this is really weird. The following script:
    Code:
    dynamic app = Scripting.App;

string bitRate = "%media_info_video:BitRate%";
    app.WriteLog("BitRate", "input rate=" + bitRate);
    for (int i = 0; i < bitRate.Length; i++)
        app.WriteLog("BitRate", "i=" + i + " = " + bitRate[i]);

int rate;
    bool result = System.Int32.TryParse(bitRate, out rate);
    app.WriteLog("BitRate", result ? "success" : "fail");

app.WriteLog("BitRate", "parsed rate=" + rate);
    rate = rate / 2;
    app.WriteLog("BitRate", "new rate = " + rate.ToString());
    Produces the following log output:

Code:
    [...]
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                  Process Event Command 'BitRate'

Event: Before Project Encoding
    Command: ExecuteScriptFile
    Parameter File Path: C:\Users\Dave.GEISEFAMILY\Desktop\BitRate.csx

BitRate

input rate=4572688

i=0 = %
    i=1 = m
    i=2 = e
    i=3 = d
    i=4 = i
    i=5 = a
    i=6 = _
    i=7 = i
    i=8 = n
    i=9 = f
    i=10 = o
    i=11 = _
    i=12 = v
    i=13 = i
    i=14 = d
    i=15 = e
    i=16 = o
    i=17 = :
    i=18 = B
    i=19 = i
    i=20 = t
    i=21 = R
    i=22 = a
    i=23 = t
    i=24 = e
    i=25 = %

fail

parsed rate=0

new rate = 0

Script
    [...]
    In other words, when the script accesses the contents of the macro-replaced string, it obtains the parsed value. However when the data is accessed, the unparsed form is returned. This causes the string to integer conversion to fail. How is this possible?
    Last edited by Encoder; 23rd Nov 2016 at 22:03.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm trying to use the 1.3.8.9 unstable test build with VapourSynth. I clicked download in StaxRip and it had me download VapourSynth 35. After installing VS, StaxRip said that the VapourSynth dll had to be in \core64 but there is only a \core32 folder.

Then I see that VapourSynth 34 is bolded in the release notes, so I downloaded 34. It too only has a \core32 folder and not a \core64 folder.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Brilliant software and thank you for keeping it up to date, used a few times now with no issues at all
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wanted to thank you for the brilliant piece of software. I mainly use Staxrip for the NVENC 265 encoding. It works (1.4.0) flawlessly! Please keep up the good work. This is the best 265 encoder!!
    I will PP you soon
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You're welcome.

Last three days I did quite a bit work.

@Encoder

C# Scripting is a bit tricky because missing IntelliSense and because I started staxrip as a beginner 15 years ago and it was never designed with extensibility in mind.

I recommend to use PowerShell for scripting because I might remove C# support in the future, apparently there are crazy 47 nuget packages needed for C# scripting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If everything goes right then I'll release a stable version this Sunday, last one is already 7 months old.

Test build from today:

Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. I've just registered to say that StaxRIP is the best encoder I've used till now. Using a Pascal GPU, it works really well and fast. Incredible. I've just installed the 1.5. I'm new in Staxrip. So maybe later I will ask something to tune it... Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by monster75 View Post
    Thank you. I've just registered to say that StaxRIP is the best encoder I've used till now. Using a Pascal GPU, it works really well and fast. Incredible. I've just installed the 1.5. I'm new in Staxrip. So maybe later I will ask something to tune it... Thanks again
    You're welcome. Feel free to ask, staxrip is build on top of many very powerful tools for which many members have great experience with.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Originally Posted by monster75 View Post
    You're welcome. Feel free to ask, staxrip is build on top of many very powerful tools for which many members have great experience with.
    Hi Stax, I 've read many pages but still have some doubts on my NVENC H265 profile... for example:

1) Basic: is "VBRHQ" a sort of 2nd pass VBR?
    2) Analysis: min and max CU size. I don't know what they are and if they are useful...
    3) Slice decision: I have "lookahed:32" as read somewhere. Is it ok also with VBRHQ? The other settings are:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.png
Views:	251
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	41799

Are they ok or I should change something?

Thank you very much

P.S.
    I 'm reading now that "temporal AQ" is unsupported. So I suppose I can disable it...
    Last edited by monster75; 3rd Jun 2017 at 08:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Greetings monster75,

Basic: is "VBRHQ" a sort of 2nd pass VBR?
    VBRHQ labeled 2pass by the sdk but it's not real 2 pass encoding

Analysis: min and max CU size. I don't know what they are and if they are useful...
    cu size deals with flat areas, JohnLai writes at doom9 that it's restricted to max 32 by the encoder chip, x265 has better docs: http://x265.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cli.html#cmdoption-ctu

Slice decision: I have "lookahed:32" as read somewhere. Is it ok also with VBRHQ? The other settings are:
    I'm not sure it's useful for this mode, it certainly is for CQP which I recommend.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you again
    Quote Quote